Steve Lobel Offers Motivation to the Musical Masses
According to the Bureau of Labor and Statistics, there are over 176,000 musicians and singers in the country. Many people dream of a career in music, yet don’t know where to begin or how to make it happen. For those who do, there are often certain things that they do in order to make it big. Knowing what those things are, and being able to pull them off, can make all the difference.
“Many people who want to become musicians or have a career in the hip hop industry shy away from it because they are afraid they won’t be successful,” explains Steve Lobel, well-known celebrity music manager. “But their success starts with what they believe. If you believe in yourself, you can make it happen.”
Lobel has guided many people to musical success, having worked with such artists as Run DMC, Fat Joe, Bone Thugs ‘N Harmony, Sean Kingston, Iyaz, Common, Outlawz and many more. He has even taken his motivating message on tour, speaking to high school students around the country, encouraging them to follow their dreams. Here are five tips to keep in mind that Lobel offers for being able to make it big in the music industry:
1. It’s a lifestyle. Hip Hop is more than just the music. It’s a culture, a way of life. Everyone should know who the 'father' of this art form is: Kool Herc, as well as understand the four elements of hip hop: MC'ing, dj'ing, dance, and graffiti. In order to know where you are going, you must know where it started.
2. Hard work pays off. If you don't love what you're doing, don't do it. Think of life as a bank: you get out of it what you put into it. There are over a million talented people who want to get into the music industry every single day. What will separate you from them is your work ethic.
3. Know the business. If you want to get into the music business, you must understand that it's a business. It's not just about how well you can sing or rap. Whether you want to be out in front or behind the scenes, become a student of the game. Read books, find a mentor, become an intern, ask questions and be ready to apply the knowledge that you gain.
4. Patience and sacrifice equals success. Nothing with any type of longevity in the music industry is built overnight. If it happens fast, it will crumble fast. Timing is everything. Have patience for your moment and be ready to sacrifice what is closest to you to reach your goal of success.
5. Learn to balance. Find a healthy balance between your career and your personal life. Too much of anything is toxic, and no amount of success in your career can make up for a failure at home.
“Having a career in the music industry can be fulfilling, rewarding, and the best thing you have ever done,” adds Lobel. “But there is more to it than simply throwing your hat in the ring. You need to do more work than that to make it work for you.”
Lobel also owns an entertainment company, A2Z Entertainment, as well as having a non-profit organization called Pathfinders. He routinely provides motivation, coaching, management and advice to those in the music industry, as well as to those who would like to enter it. Because of Lobel’s experience and eye for talent, he makes an ideal judge for such shows as “The Voice,” “X Factor,” and “American Idol,” where he can put his skills and eye for talent to use scouting for the industry.
For more information on Stevel Lobel, visit him at www.livewithstevelobel.com.
# # #
Tags: Steve Lobel , A-2-z Entertainment , Music , Celebrities ,
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.