Ecotech Institute Names its Local Board of Advisors
Ecotech Institute, the first and only college focused entirely on preparing America’s workforce for careers in renewable energy and sustainability, today announced that it has assembled a who’s who of diverse industry leaders to serve as its Local Board of Advisors. Ecotech already boasts a phenomenal National Board of Advisors that continue to be instrumental in shaping curriculum that matches what employers want.
The local board will interface with Ecotech in a variety of ways, such as speaking to students and providing job training input. In addition, the members will help students as they look for jobs and provide informational interviews so students can learn more about the green landscape from people currently working in the space.
“Ecotech is proud to be affiliated with such an impressive group of individuals and their support is invaluable to our students and staff,” said Michael Seifert, president of Ecotech Institute. “We focus on preparing students for life-long careers from the moment they enroll, and our partnerships with approachable, informed leaders is a critical element to that initiative.”
Ecotech’s Local Board of Advisors includes:
· Jennifer Beach, Owner-Manager, Starfire Energy LLC
· Tim Cahalin, Senior Recruitment Consultant/Senior Account Executive/Editor, Energy Central
· Scott Charter, Managing Partner, GGP Energy
· Paul Czarnecki, Member, Colorado Association of Manufacturing and Technology
· Maury Dobbie, Assistant Director, Colorado State University Center for the New Energy Economy
· Greg Foster, Operations Engineer, Williams Production RMT
· Jeff Hanko, President, Metal Finishing Systems and Advanced Industrial Technology
· Roark Lanning, Turbine Engineering Manager, RES Americas
· Vance Nixon, Manager, Technical Resources, Clipper Windpower, LLC
· Justin Pentelute, CEO, Syndicated Solar, Inc.
· Matt Pevarnik, Account Executive, Alstom Power
· Marietta Silva, Corporate Partnership Manager, Veterans Green Jobs
“It is critical that students have access to industry professionals during their training and Ecotech includes this element as part of their practical education,” said Jennifer Beach, Owner and Manager of Starfire Energy LLC. “I look forward to providing guidance to help ensure that students graduate with a skill set that business owners will be seeking.”
To learn more about Ecotech Institute, visit us at www.ecotechinstitute.com or call 1-877-326-5576. The next round of classes begins in January 2012 and applications are being accepted now. Financial assistance is available to those who qualify. Multiple sources have named Ecotech a military friendly school, including Military Times Edge, which named Ecotech Institute one of the best schools for veterans: http://militarytimesedge.com/projects/best-for-veterans/best-colleges-for-veterans/2011/2-year/.
Tags: Ecotech Institute , Careers In Renewable Ener , Green Career College , Military Friendly School , Best Schools For Veterans , Careers In Sustainability , Cleantech Careers , Middot
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.