Kickboard Launches Webinar Series Featuring Presenters From Achievement First, Democracy Prep &
Kickboard, a holistic student data tracking platform that goes beyond the gradebook and enables teachers to collect, analyze and share mission-critical data, announced today that it is launching an exclusive, free webinar series, “Igniting a Gradebook Revolution,” beginning August 8th. Registrations are currently being accepted for the first two sessions in the series: Setting the Right Expectations and Analyzing the Right Data to Create Consistent Classroom Culture on August 8, featuring presenters from Achievement First and Democracy Prep, and Building a Performance-Driven Culture From Day One of the New School Year with KIPP New Orleans on August 15th. Both webinars are from 1:00-2:00 pm EDT.
“Traditional gradebooks aren’t cutting it. They don’t capture, track and report student behavior, as well as academic achievement, as part of student performance,” said Jennifer Medbery, founder and CEO of Kickboard. “However, many schools are now transforming the gradebook into a centralized hub of student performance to infuse a data-driven approach into both teaching and learning, as well as to build a strong classroom culture. This webinar series discusses the challenges, successes and best practices of schools where the gradebook has become a powerful schoolwide collaboration platform for ensuring student success.”
Attendees will gain actionable insights into ways their peers are using data to support student success and achievement and advance a performance-driven culture, while facilitating collaboration between teachers, administrators and parents. There are first steps any school can take today to expand the view of student achievement beyond grades and instead measure whole student performance, as well as strategies and tools that can help them turn that data into a plan of action.
School leaders, administrators and teachers interested in learning more about how they can use data to establish or enhance a performance-driven culture should register to attend the following webinars:
Wednesday, August 8, 2012 at 1pm EDT
Setting the Right Expectations and Analyzing the Right Data to Create Consistent Classroom Culture
Chris Bostock, Dean, Achievement First Amistad High School
Seth Andrew, Founder and Superintendant, Democracy Prep Public Schools
Chiv Heng, Senior Director of Knowledge Management, Democracy Prep Public Schools
During the webinar, participants will:
• Gain actionable strategies to set schoolwide norms and secure teacher buy-in
• Learn how to enhance or establish a behavior/character/PBIS program that uses data to ensure consistency across classrooms
• Discover the ways peer schools are leveraging the gradebook to implement their programs and track and analyze data, share information about student behavior and create reports
Wednesday, August 15, 2012 at 1pm EDT
Building a Performance-Driven Culture From Day One of the New School Year
Brenna Benson, Director of Data and Analytics, KIPP New Orleans
Todd Purvis, Chief Academic Officer, KIPP New Orleans
During the webinar, participants will:
• Explore what can be done starting today to build a robust data and performance-driven culture and how data can improve instruction and outcomes
• Review key questions to discuss with staff when incorporating Common Core and standards-based assessment into a traditional grading system
• Learn how to use the gradebook as a hub of student performance to align day-to-day activities to schoolwide, end-of-year goals
For more information or to register, visit www.kickboardforteachers.com.
Tags: Education Webinar , Free Webinar , Kickboard , Student Data , Student Behavior , Classroom Culture , Student Performance , Student Data Tracking , Online Gradebook , Online Gradebooks
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.