The Media Industry Cheat-Sheet
Below, a roundup of the most important media industry news and analysis today. Check back - this post will be updated throughout the day.
- Daily Beast: The Next Year in Media. By Rachel Sklar: Brands over bylines, quality over SEO and niche over mainstream media.
- Us Magazine: Tiger Woods Shirtless, Pumping Iron on New Vanity Fair Cover. "He deluded himself into thinking he could be something that he wasn’t: untouchable. The greatest feat of his career is that he managed to get away with it for so long in public, the bionic man instead of the human one who hit a fire hydrant."
- The New York Times: Next Up on Cable TV, Higher Bill for Consumers. By Brian Stelter: one facet of television is certain: the costs just keep going up.
- Battelle Media: Predictions 2010. By John Battelle: Google will make a corporate decision to become seen as a software brand rather than as "just a search engine."
- The Guardian: USA: Internet media continue to evolve, old media flirt with extinction. Jeff Jarvis: "The age of creation on the web will begin to yield to an age of curation."
- Fimoculous: 30 Best Blogs of 2009. By Rex Sorgatz: Dustin Curtis, Newsweek Tumblr, and more. Ed: Far beyond the lowly listicle, the piece is more a commentary on how storytelling is evolving, what the market wants to read, and who's innovating.
- The New York Times: News Sites Dabble With a Web Tool for Nudging Local Officials. By Daniel E. Slotnik: "Mr. Berkowitz says that what sets SeeClickFix apart from other hyperlocal sites is that, anywhere in the world, it can foster interaction among government, news media and residents."
Tags: Media 2010 , Rex Sorgatz , Rachel Sklar , Jeff Jarvis , Media
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.