Simply Pure Chefs Cooking It Up At Kushcon II Marijuana Lifestyle Convention
Simply Pure, a Colorado grown company with 100% organic and 100% pure bud, no trim gourmet cannabis edibles, today announced that Chefs Scott Durrah, Lauren Gennett and Rachel Wolpo will conduct a series of cooking demonstrations during the KushCon II convention December 17-19 at the Colorado Convention Center.
KushCon, which is being heralded as the “Weedstock” for cannabis enthusiasts, is the world’s largest marijuana lifestyle convention and organizers expect as many as 50,000 people to attend. The event is cannabis-free and is open to all ages.
Durrah, Gennett and Wolpo will take center stage throughout the conference, preparing a variety of delectable edibles, from granola and traditional treats to meat dishes and decadent delights. Durrah was the focus of the CNBC documentary, Marijuana USA and the owner and Executive Chef at 8 Rivers Modern Caribbean (www.8riverslodo.com) in Denver.
“I never would have imagined that my love of cooking and cannabis could bring so much comfort and peace to people’s lives,” said Durrah, who was named 2010 Medical Marijuana Advocate of the Year, along with his wife Wanda James. “We care about what our patients eat, so everything we prepare is 100% organic and tested for potency and purity.”
“These demonstrations are all about making medical marijuana delicious and fun,” added Gennett. “By using healing plant medicine in conjunction with organic, whole foods, we are honoring our bodies and promoting health and vitality in our community.”
Gennett kicks off the demonstrations Friday at 5 pm with a Warm Winter Soup. Other demonstrations include:
Friday, December 17:
- 7 pm, Turkey and White Bean Chili with Chef Scott Durrah
- 9 pm, The Perfect Nightcap: Infused Bud Brandy Snaps with Coffee filling with Chef Rachel Wolpo
Saturday, December 18:
- 12 pm, Kickin’ It Off Light: Black Bean and Corn Salad and Quinoa Salad with Chef Lauren Gennett
- 3 pm, Mastery of Meat; Part I: That’s a Spicy Meatball! with Chef Scott Durrah
- 5 pm, Traditional Treats: Infused Lemon Bars with Chef Rachel Wolpo
Sunday, December 19
- 2 pm, Starting from Scratch: How to make cannabis butter with Chef Scott Durrah
- 5 pm, European Eats: Mediterranean Mezzo Platter (Bruschetta, Roasted Cauliflower with Lemon Zest, Capers, Parsley, Tapenade and Grilled Flatbread) with Chef Lauren Gennett
The Simply Pure Difference – Lab tested for purity, potency and consistency
Simply Pure’s new line of organic edibles fresh from the farm to the kitchen includes peanut brittle, sesame brittle, granola bars, as well as peppermint cups and coconut cups. All plants are pesticide-free and are grown with only organic nutrients. We take extra care to prepare our foods with all natural ingredients, and our medicine is made with the patient in mind. And most importantly, our products are made by trained professionals who love food and love cannabis.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.