UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon warns South Sudan and Sudan to cease hostilities immediately
UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon in a statement last week has strongly warned South Sudan and Sudan to cease hostilities immediately. “Cease all hostilities immediately” Ban Ki-Moon was quoted. He also called on Sudanese President Omar Al-Bashir and South Sudanese President Salva Kiir to “stop the fall towards further confrontation” and urged both sides to return to dialogue as a matter of urgency.
The secretary General condemns the aerial bombardment on South Sudan by Sudanese Armed Forces and calling on the Sudanese government to stop the bombardment immediately “The Secretary-General reiterates that there can be no military solution to the disputes between Sudan and South Sudan,” the statement said.
Meanwhile the United Nations Mission in South Sudan (UNMISS), Special Representative of the Secretary-General for South Sudan Hilde F. Johnson, last week has urged the Republic of South Sudan and Sudan to immediately stop fighting and be abide by Human rights and International Humanitarian Laws.
"I remind the parties to the conflict of their obligation to abide by international human rights and humanitarian law, take all measures not to harm civilians, and guarantee the safety of international aid organizations and United Nations personnel and assets,” Hilde Johnson was quoted.
Hilde condemn the continued aerial bombardments in Bentiu town, which is heavily populated by civilians. “These indiscriminate bombings resulting in the loss of civilian lives must stop” Johnson continued
UNMISS release the stamen two days after Sudan Army Forces bombed two areas of Bentiu in South Sudan's Unity State, killing at least two civilian and injuring ten others. Last Monday fighter jets dropped one bomb on Rubkona Market area and three around Rubkona Bridge, according to UNMISS.
The report stated that a young boy burned to death as the hut he was in fixed in fire from the blast in Rubkona market area. The victims of the bombardment were admitted to Bentiu hospital. According to the information from the citizen of Bentiu, SAF has a plan of large-scale massacre of civilians. In Bentiu as they carry out bombardments every day “See what has happened today, these people want to kill us, the victims were quoted.
UNMISS said air raids were carried out concurrently in neighboring Abienhom County, injuring four other people. The citizen in Bentiu asked the international community to condemn the attacks, which had also caused hundreds of residents to flee to neighboring towns, and call for tougher actions against the Republic of Sudan.
“Everyone is seeing what is happening to our land and our people, a concern citizen Mr. Michael Atem spoke to the reporter from Bentiu. He appealed to the United Nations (UN) and Africa Union to take action against Sudan. He condemns the Arial bombardments and said that the Khartoum is killing people and the international is going on silence.
Tags: UNMISS Condemn Kharoum Ag
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.