Essential Oils for Treating Common Ailments
This article discusses three commonly used essential oils along with their healing properties. Read this article to treat your common ailments and improve your overall health naturally.
The peppermint oil is obtained from the leaves and flowers by steam distillation and varies in quality depending on climatic and soil conditions. It is very therapeutic oil which has a cooling effect on the skin and lessens pain. Peppermint is excellent for digestive problems. It also makes a great foot bath for hot, aching feet. It is not advisable to use this oil during pregnancy.
Peppermint essential oil is helpful for:
1. Bad breath: Add five drops to 300 ml of water and use as a mouthwash.
2. Heartburn and indigestion: Mix into carrier oil and massage the stomach and rib cage.
3. Hot, aching feet: Add ten drops to a large bowl of lukewarm water. Soak feet for at least fifteen minutes.
4. Migraine: Use it neat on the temples.
5. Sinus, catarrh: Inhale, or use to massage the face.
6. Travel sickness: Inhale, or blend in carrier oil and massage the stomach and temples.
The rosemary essential oils are distilled from the flowers and leaves. It is known as the herb for remembrance and clears the mind and stimulates the memory. It is an excellent hair tonic, improving circulation to the scalp and is helpful for dandruff.
Rosemary essential oil is helpful for:
1. Circulation: Use in the bath, or in carrier oil. Rosemary has a warming, comforting effect.
2. Dandruff, hair in poor condition: Use in carrier oil for scalp massage. Leave for thirty minutes before shampooing.
3. Fainting: Inhale neat, like smelling salts.
4. Mental fatigue, poor memory: Inhale neat.
5. Stomach pain, wind: Mix in carrier oil and gently massage the affected area.
The sage oil is made from the sun dried leaves by distillation. The essential oil is toxic in high doses, so use with care.
Sage essential oil is helpful for:
1. Aching joints, rheumatism: Add to your bath or use in carrier oil to massage the affected areas.
2. Nervous exhaustion: A good tonic. Add to your bath, and soak for at least 15 minutes.
3. Fluid retention: Add to your bath or use in carrier oil.
4. Excess perspiration: Dilute five drops in a glass of water. Soak cotton wool in the solution and use it under the arms and on the feet several times daily.
5. Sore, bleeding gums: Dilute five drops in a glass of water and use as a mouthwash.
Know natural Home remedies for common diseases. Also read the benefits of Triphala and know how it can cure constipation. Know recipes for making Homemade cosmetics - all natural and preservative free.
Tags: Essential Oils , Healing Properties Of Ess , Peppermint Essential Oil , Rosemary Essential Oil , Sage Essential Oil , Oil
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.