HOW TO IMPROVE NUTRITIVE VALUE OF YOUR FOOD
1) Always consume fresh fruits & vegetables only .
2) First wash & than cut the vegetables or fruits , never wash the food item after cutting .
3) Cut vegetables just prior to cooking . Do not cut & keep vegetables for very long as all the B-complex vitamins are destroyed by air & light .
4) Always cut vegetables in to larger pieces to avoid more nutrient loss during cooking . This is because lesser the surface area exposed to heat lesser will be the nutrient loss .
5) It is better to pressure cook vegetables because food is cooked fast & also there is minimal nutrient loss.
6) When cooking vegetables in Kadai always cover it with lid .
7) Cook vegetables at high flame & for short time ( LESS NUTRIENTS WILL BE DESTROYED AS COMPARED TO COOKING VEGETABLES ON LOW FLAME FOR LONGER TIME ).
8) Never discard the water obtained after boiling vegetables as that water is rich in nutrients ( USE THAT WATER TO PREPARE DAL OR KNEED DOUGH )
9) Avoid reheating beverages like tea & coffee.
10) If vegetables are to be boiled than first boil the water & than immerse the vegetable in order to reduce the exposure time of nutrients to heat & there by reduce the nutrient destruction by heat .
Tags: HEALTH , Vegetables
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.