How to Give Relief to Restless and Painful Legs?
Our legs are an important part of our body as they help in supporting the overall body weight. So it is very important to take proper care of our legs. This article will discuss how to massage lower legs, upper legs and knees. Massage helps the skin to glow naturally and make bones strong and healthy.
Steps to massage lower legs and knees -
Warm a little oil in your hands.
1. With one hand behind the other, smooth the oil on to the front of the leg, starting at the top of the foot and working up to the knee. This movement distributes the oil and soothes and relaxes the whole area.
2. Rub across the front of the leg using both hands to create frictions. This increases the blood circulation to the area and reduces aches and pains.
3. Lift the leg up so the knee is bent. Squeeze and relax rhythmically down the muscles of the calf from knee to ankle. Repeat several times. Put the leg down.
4. Work around the kneecap in little circular motions with both hands. Be careful not to use too much pressure.
5. Now using your thumbs gently slide them around each side of the kneecap.
6. Stretch out your thumbs from your fingers to create an arch. Sweep over the whole knee using alternate hands several times. Now wrap up the lower leg and proceed to the thigh.
Steps to massage upper legs -
1. Apply oil as for the lower leg.
2. Glide up the leg from knee to groin, using one hand behind the other. This movement should be fairly slow and rhythmical. Make sure your movements cover the whole of the thigh area. Repeat four to five times.
3. Strokes the upper inner thigh diagonally from knee to groin hand over hand. Repeat four or five times.
4. Squeeze and release rhythmically first along the inner thigh from knee to groin, then along the outer thigh.
5. Using your knuckles rake quickly up from the knee to the groin, taking in the whole thigh area. This is a friction movement and increases the surface blood circulation. You will notice the skin colors quite quickly and feels warmer to the touch.
6. Uncover the lower leg, then effleurage the whole leg from foot to groin.
7. Finish off by enclosing the foot in your hands a couple of times. Cover the leg then repeat all the movements on the other one.
Massaging the legs will not only make them more beautiful and strong but also give relief to restless and painful legs.
Relieving Leg Pain
How To Give Relief To Res
Upper Leg Massage
Lower Leg Massage