Is Fear a Disease?
Fear is a very ancient and universal emotion in man. It can be defined as the sensation that you are in danger, that something bad is about to happen. Fear is almost always accompanied by a host of physical symptoms which are quite disturbing. When it is not justified by the presence of real danger or threat, or by any rational cause, and when it is also accompanied by a systematic avoidance of the situations which lead to it, then we have what is called a phobia.
Phobia is actually a kind of panic reaction caused by specific stimuli or situations. There are three basic types of phobia:
- Agarophobia, literally, it is the irrational fear of the agora (in ancient Greece, this was the place where the market was located), in other words, the generalized fear of places or situations where there is a potential difficulty or embarassment to escape from it, or where help might not be available in case of need. This includes going out of our own's home, travelling without company, or being in the middle of a crowd, standing in queues to leave a place, etc.
- Social phobia, when the person has a marked and persistent fear of some specific or generalized social situations, such as the shame of misbehaving in front of other people, the fear of participating in group reunions, of starting or maintaining a conversation with strangers, of initiating a romantic encounter, of talking to persons of authority, etc.
- Specific phobias, when there is a marked and persistent fear in the presence, or even by anticipation of encountering specific objects and situations, such as the fear of flying, injections, coackroaches, dogs, of seeing blood, high places, taking a lift, driving an automobile, or staying in enclosed and restrictive places, such as tunnels or traffic jams.
Symptoms of Fear Of Disease:
breathlessness, excessive sweating, nausea, dry mouth, shaking, heart palpitations, inability to think clearly, a fear of dying, becoming mad or losing control, a sensation of detachment from reality or a full blown anxiety attack.
Most sufferers are surprised to learn that they are far from alone in this surprisingly common, although often unspoken, phobia.
You are not the only one to suffer from this phobia.
Fear Of Disease is an intense fear of something that poses no actual danger. While adults with Fear Of Disease realize that these fears are irrational, they often find that facing, or even thinking about facing, the feared situation brings on a panic attack or severe anxiety.
Recent scientific studies have shown Energy Psychology to be very effective.
Energy Psychology combines the benefits of the above treatment therapies.
- You quickly and easily change your behaviors.
- Your thought patterns change, often very quickly.
- You develop skills and techniques that are useful for a lifetime in all situations.
Tags: Phobia , Fear , Disease , Agarophobia , Social Phobia , Specific , Symptom , Behaviour , Treatment
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.