Three Useful Essential Oils with Healing Properties
Due to the natural healing properties of essential oils, they are widely used to treat number of ailments. This article focuses on three commonly used essential oils with their remedial properties.
Benzoin is actually a tree resin which is processed to turn it into a liquid.
Benzoin essential oil is helpful for:
1. Coughs colds and flu: Try steam inhalation
2. Itchy skin, dermatitis: Mix into a carrier oil or a perfume free cream and apply to the affected area.
3. Nervous exhaustion, tension: Mix into a carrier oil and use for massage particularly around the neck and shoulder area.
4. Stiff or aching joints: Mix into a carrier oil and massage into the problem area, or use on a compress.
5. Sore, dry skin: Mix into a carrier oil (wheatgerm oil is good) and apply to the affected area at regular intervals. You can also add it to your bath.
There are many varieties of geranium. Geranium oil can uplift or have a relaxing effect and is particular good for menopausal problems.
Geranium essential oil is helpful for:
1. Dry eczema and dermatitis: Mix into a carrier oil. If the problem is severe on the hands, try massaging with the blend, put on cotton gloves and wear overnight.
2. Menopausal bleeding: Mix into a carrier oil and massage into the lower abdomen and back. Or use a compress soaked in warm water with the geranium oil added.
3. Nervous tension and anxiety: Use in an aromatherapy bath, or mix into a carrier oil and massage into neck and shoulders.
4. Sluggish skin: Mix three or four drops into a carrier oil and use to massage the face and neck.
5. Sore throat: Add two drops to a glass of warm water and use as a gargle.
Hyssop is an ancient herb which was cultivated for its medicinal as well as romantic properties. The oil is extracted from the leaves and flowers by distillation. It is beneficial for all respiratory problems and can help relieve hay fever.
Hyssop essential oil is helpful for:
1. Bruises: Use as a compress or gently rub over the bruised area.
2. Eczema: Use in carrier oil at regular intervals.
3. Hay fever: Use on handkerchief or in a vaporizer, or blend and use for facial massage.
4. Rheumatism: Use in the bath or as a massage for the affected area.
Know natural Home remedies for common diseases. Also read the benefits of anti-aging herb Shilajit and stress relieving herb Ashwagandha.
Tags: Essential Oils , Healing Properties Of Ess , Hyssop Essential Oil , Geranium Essential Oil , Benzoin Essential Oil
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.