5 Key Essentials in an Online Dating Profile
Although you may have read many articles on how to write an online dating profile, perhaps the best advice on this topic is to be as original as possible and come up with your own strategies.
1. Yes, that translates to not copying any particle article when it comes to online dating. The important thing is to be yourself and make the profile stand out from the rest. In this way, a potential suitor will take a look at the profile and realize that you are different. And essentially, the 'unique' brand is the one that usually sells.
2. Be sure to list all of your hobbies and interests that are unique to you in your online dating profile, even those that seem weird or esoteric. Remember that what is weird to you may be interesting to someone else. So, if it's cooking that you're into it, post your favorite recipe. Or if you're into books, list some of your favorite books and share your passion on your profile page.
3. The key to writing an online dating profile is to not write one the way that readers would expect you to. You try to be funny, or interesting as you like, but it must be catchy. If you simply list your hobbies like everyone else on the online dating site, then you're bound to come across as boring. You need to keep the reader interested because your profile will send an “first impression.” And you want this first impression to make a lasting impact. Present yourself in a way that no else has. And you're bound to get a second look.
4. Other key essentials to a good online dating profile are you, your personality, and your opinions.
Yes, all said and done, you play the most important role in whether you get noticed or not on an online dating site. And by you, perhaps that most significant attribute of yourself is your photo, which reveals your physical self. Hence, you would need to make sure that you upload a photo that is indeed your best photo. And it show your best side, whether it was taken at a party or at the office. You want to come across as dynamic, youthful and full of energy. With so many adverts lauding 'youthfulness,' that's exactly the kind of image of yourself that you need to promote. In short, your photo is your best friend on an online dating profile, so it should be one in your best clothes and carry a smile as well.
When it comes to your personality, it is important to come across as self-assured and confident. You don't want to appear being desperate on your profile. Because no one wants to be around a person who is desperate – believe it or not. We as humans are attracted to people that nurture us spiritually, physically and emotionally. So, you will need to keep that in mind on your profile, and list your ambitions and achievements in the most positive way possible.
5. Finally, another key element of a successful online dating profile is keeping updated at least once a month. This is necessary especially if you are not getting much feedback from your current profile. You'll need to tweak it a bit so that you can figure out what's most suitable to the readers on your dating site, and what works best.
Tags: Online Dating , Dating , Online Dating Tips
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.