5 Tips for Having Fabulous Holiday Hair
With the holiday season just around the corner, many people will be busy gift buying and party planning. Many others will be scrambling to look their best throughout the holidays and while they attend all the gatherings and parties. One of the areas of biggest concern, which can make or break the entire overall look, is a person's hair. Problem is, winter can do some mean things to hair, leaving it dried out, frizzy, and brittle. It’s important to take steps throughout the holiday period to ensure that one has fabulous holiday hair.
“Whether you are going to a big office party or having a small, family celebration, you want your hair to look fabulous,” said Mahisha Dellinger, founder and CEO of CURLS, a company specializing in organic hair-care products for naturally curly hair. “But it just so happens that the holiday season comes during one of the most challenging times for hair, so you have to take action.”
Here are 5 tips for having fabulous holiday hair:
1. Pre-condition. Before the holidays arrive, take the time to pre-condition your hair so that it is ready to take on all that the season is going to throw at it. Use a good all-natural deep conditioner, and add in a little extra olive oil, to help keep your hair looking great.
2. Get regular trims. We may get busy during the holidays, as we start hitting the stores in search of sales, but we can’t skimp on getting regular trims. Keeping your hair trimmed is essential to maintaining a beautiful head of hair and helping it to stay healthy.
3. Keep it natural. ‘Tis the season to forget all the work that would go into trying to twist your hair into new positions and shapes. Decide to keep it stress-free by going natural this holiday season. If you are following the other tips, it will just add to the beauty.
4. Wash less. This is an area that gets a lot of people in trouble. Avoid washing your hair every day. Instead, keep it to once a week. This will help you avoid stripping all the natural oils out of your hair, thus drying it out. This is especially important during the winter months.
5. Skip the heat. Many people like to use some sort of heat source on their hair, to either dry or curl it. This can be quite damaging and drying to the hair, so avoid using heat on it, whenever possible.
“A fabulous holiday hair style can be easy to achieve when you do these things,” added Dellinger. “Pair that hair with some nice make-up, painted nails, and a beautiful dress, and all eyes will be on you at that party.”
Try this recipe for your hair, aimed at adding Champagne Shine. It will give you silky, shiny hair and is easy to create:
12 cup of champagne (CURLS favorite: Champagne Prestige Millesime, 1997)
12 cup warm distilled water
Optional: Jojoba oil
1. Mix champagne with distilled water. For easy pouring, put the mixture back into the bottle.
2. Optional: For those who suffer from dry scalp, massage Jojoba oil into the scalp.
3. Shampoo your hair with Curlicious Curls Cleansing Cream.
4. Condition with Coconut Sublime Moisturizing Conditioner. Rinse well.
5. Pour the Champagne mixture throughout the hair, leave in for a few minutes, and then rinse.
6. Style with your favorite CURLS product.
The award-winning Curls line features all-natural, organic products that are aimed at the multi-cultural and ethnic market. The line includes products specifically designed for women, kids and babies, including shampoos, cleansers, conditioners, curl cream, lotions, elixirs, gels, and more. The products have been derived from certified organic ingredients and exotic oils. Along with being available in over 3,000 salons worldwide, the products are also available at such stores as Target, Walmart, Walgreens, Rite Aid, CVS, and Sally’s. For more information about the Curls product line, visit the site at: http://www.curls.biz
Tags: Holiday , Winter , Haircare Tips , Beauty Products , CURLS , Natural , Multi-ethnic Curly Hair , Mahisha Dellinger
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.