5 Ways to Update Your Wardrobe for Spring
As the weather continues to get warmer, it’s time to start thinking about updating your spring and summer wardrobe. Wondering how to update your wardrobe without breaking the bank? To help women with this dilemma, Crocs and nationally-recognized fashion expert, Jenn Falik, recently released a new video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9FwqRwGS4Y). In the video, Jenn Falik suggests small updates you can make to your current wardrobe to transform your look and leave you with variety of new styles you can wear throughout spring and summer. The following are Jenn Falik’s tips to ensure you are on-trend with money to spare:
1. Stock Up on Skinny Belts - Skinny belts are the easiest way to change the silhouette of a dress. The looks for this spring and summer are more lady-like and polished - so you can take a billowy summer frock and give it a completely new feel by simply throwing a belt on. This trick can also make a simple shift dress more interesting and flattering!
2. Get a Bright Pair of Pants - Think deep purple or an emerald green. You likely don’t have them in your closet, they don’t have to be expensive, and paired with basics you already own, they will make a huge statement for the season.
3. Go Long, With Your Necklaces, That Is - Layer long necklaces to accessorize in the most flattering way possible. They create a line that draws the eye vertically, giving the illusion of a longer torso - a very slimming effect.
4. Update Basics with Florals - Florals are a big trend for spring and are perfect for perking up basic pieces most women already have in their closet. Try pairing a floral scarf with a little black dress or spice up your basic jeans with a flirty floral top.
5. Think Toe-to-Head - Adding bright, colorful footwear to your spring and summer wardrobe is one easy way to update your look. Shoes are a great way to add a pop of color to your basic warm-weather looks.
In addition to these tips, women looking for extra fashion help this spring can enter the “New Crocs, New You” contest being launched by Crocs to win a makeover, including a shopping spree with Jenn Falik in New York City. From now until April 15, women can visit crocs.com/newyou to enter the contest, which celebrates the Crocs’ new spring and summer styles. When you enter, you’ll also have a chance to win one of the three new spring and summer styles Crocs will be giving away daily at random throughout the entry period.
For each contest entry, Crocs will donate $5 to Dress for Success with a minimum donation of $40,000 and a maximum donation of $50,000; the donation supports the organization’s ongoing efforts in providing professional attire and a network of support for disadvantaged women.
To view the video, see examples of these fashion tips and find out more about the “New Crocs, New You” contest visit http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9FwqRwGS4Y .
Tags: New You Crocs , Makeover , New Crocs New You , Jenn Falik , Jenn Falik Contest , Jenn Falik Fashion Tips , Makeover Contest New York , Fashion , Fashion Week , Spring
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.