Management of the people at work is known as personnel management
Handling problems of personnel management
Management of the people at work is known as personnel management. It is one of the most important elements of an organization. Important functions of personnel management are-
A) To assess and plan need for staff
B) To select and recruit the staff and adjust them in the organization
C) To develop workers through training programs
D) To provide equality wages, balances, bonuses, safe and congenial etc.
E) To provide healthy congenial working environment
Very often the demands of the workers are the denied and the interests of the employee and employer are clashed. These problems can lead to serious action like strike, go slow, protests, and even lock. Those problems will either not arise if the personnel department is efficient or will be solved quickly. A sound personnel management will solve these problems by taking following steps.
1) f air wage structure for employees
2) job security with future promotions
3) social security and labor welfare activities
4) good and congenial working environment
5) scope for labor participation
6) scope of staff on scientific lines
7) collective bargaining with trade union employees’ representatives
Tags: Management Of The People , Personnel Management
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.