Many children do not like studying; are you one of them?
Or is there a particular subject that you find too difficult? Why?
What are the problems you face while studying?
Since we cannot avoid studying, at least for some years, it might help if we can find ways to help us. These are called study skills.
Study skills are some special methods that help the process of learning. The way we study and learn is very different for each person. Some people can spend a whole life time learning without actually realizing how they manage to learn. Therefore, they do not realize how they can improve their methods of learning. Students start thinking of his only when they find it difficult to succeed, or they feel anxious about work.
Adam Robinson, famous editor writer, says that the most important academic skill is how to learn.’ This is not a natural gift that we are born with, but something that has to be taught to help students.
Knowledge of study skills helps children in a number of ways. They learn to take certain steps, which have positive results.
They learn to:
- Balance their studies and other activities.
- Use special techniques o help them remember what they have studied depending on the subject.
- Prepare and use strategies for examinations.
- Take good notes.
The results of using study skills are:
- A healthy life style as work and activities are balanced.
- Studies can cope better with examination.
- Consecration can be improved.
- Examination anxiety is lessened.
Tags: Study , Skill , Education
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.