All About Facebook
Here are a few facts which you would be amazed to know about facebook:
- Facebook has over 200 million active users right now.
- Facebook at present is the leading social networking site.
- Facebook has some of the greatest security features.
- The main headquarters of facebook is situated in USA and it is an American website.
- Facebook is the 2nd most visited website on the Internet after Google.
- Facebook was launched in the year 2004
Amazing features of facebook
Facebook is like a normal social networking website. As every other normal social networking website provides the feature of sharing videos and photo’s the same goes for facebook but the only thing different in facebook is the number of applications which are present there in facebook. Here are the various features of facebook:
- The website provides complete privacy unlike other social networking websites. If a person is not in your friend list then you can post on his wall.
- The website allows the user to upload videos and photos.
- The user can post links
- It has a great featuring of sending mass personal messages to as many people as you want who are there in your friend list.
- The website can easily be accessed using a mobile phone or any other device which has Internet access.
About the wall
Every user has his wall in which he has the allowance to post links, upload videos and photos and many more things. The best part about facebook is their update system. If any of your friend will change his wall status or do any activity then you Will be notified about it and in this way a user can keep track of his friends.
The website provides it users with a very good and a strong amount of security. The best security feature is that if a person wants to view your videos and your photos and if he is not in your friend list then he will be forbidden from viewing your personal information. This is a feature which is rare in most of the social networking websites.
Facebook and its competitors
At the present the most competitive social networking website that is giving stiff competition to facebook is myspace. With a really great interface and some really good profile features it is the biggest rival for facebook. Other websites which are of a good competition to facebook include websites like orkut, bebo and hi5.
How does the website earn money?
Facebook is a very popular website and over a million people come and sit on the computer just to open facebook. Whenever people visit the website they are attracted by the various advertisements which are there on the website and the biggest share of profits come from the applications which are present in this website. As people use those applications the website earns a lot of money from it.
Tags: Facebook , Website , Orkut , Myspace , Bebo , Hi5 , Photo , Video , Wall , Security
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.