Jodhpur in AD 1459 by Rao Jodha
Mandore, the ancient capital of Marwar, is an important archaeological site dating back to the AD 4 th century. It had remained the seat of the Pariharas for some centuries before Rao Choonda acquired it through marriage just towards the close of the 14 th century. It is believed to have been associated with the great sage Mandu and was known as Mandvyapur in early historic times. Occupied successively by the Maurya, Kushan, Gupta, Hoon, Gurjar, Chawda and Parihara dynasties, it has thrown up some very interesting archaeological finds, including the twin columns in Redstone on which scenes from the krishnalila have been carved. With the shifting of the Rathore capital to
North- west of
Tags: Jodhpur In AD 1459 , Rao Jodha , Important Archaeological , The Ancient , Capital Of Marwar
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.