Your Contribution Against NYC Mayor Bloomberg & Eminent Domain Abuse
By contributing to the group Develop, Don't Destroy Brooklyn, www.developdontdestroy.org/ which is opposing developer Bruce Ratner's plan to seize private property and build a sports arena plus office and residential development called Atlantic Yards in downtown Brooklyn section of New York City, wherever you live, you can say "I object" to:
1) eminent domain abuse
2) the assault on private property rights
3) destruction of a community
4) New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg
5) real estate developer Bruce Ratner of the Forest City Ratner group
6) corporate sports welfare
7) Brooklyn Borough President Marty Markowitz
8) Governor Eliot Spitzer
9) Republican State Senate Majority Leader Joseph Bruno
10) the "rent-a-poor" demonstrators at ACORN
11) Democratic Assembly Speaker Sheldon Silver
12) the construction unions.
13) the Empire State Development Corporation
14) the Nets Arena
Contributions are tax-deductible. I gave a mere $25.
End eminent domain abuse in America. Call foul on Ratner's Nets basketball arena. Your dollars versus their dollars.
(About the author: Richard Cooper is a libertarian and eminent domain activist. His efforts on behalf of St. Luke's Pentecostal Church sparked assistance from Representatives Ron Paul (R-TX), now a presidential candidate and Carolyn Kilpatrick (D-MI).
Other eminent stories on GroundReport.com include Drew Carey's TV Program On Eminent Domain Abuse.)
Tags: Eminent Domain , Ron Paul , Atlantic Yards , Sheldon Silver , Joseph Bruno , Eliot Spitzer , Bruce Ratner , Nets Basketball Arena ,
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.