Election 2008: What Am I Looking Forward To?
Wow. A lot.
- It finally being over.
- Not waking up nervous.
- Not checking the election projection sites all day long.
- Not flashing back to 2000…or 2004. Bad times.
- Being able to sit down.
- Watching politicians try to make things happen that I actually agree with.
- The end of the 9/11 era and the beginning of something new.
- Seeing our troops come home alive.
- Watching Al Franken on C-Span.
- The last day of Guantanamo Bay.
- Going to fabulous gay weddings.
- Knowing my children will be able to pay off their student loans in their lifetime.
- Knowing their lifetime will be longer and better because they had good health care.
- Watching the Supreme Court get better not worse.
- A filibuster proof Senate?
- Listening to Obama talk for a long, long time.
- Never seeing Dick Cheney on TV again.
- Never seeing Sarah Palin on TV again.
- McCain’s Viagra commercials.
- The Rule of Law.
- The Constitution.
- The Bill of Rights.
A lot. Vote.
Tags: Obama , Election , 2008 , Nerves , Anticipation
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.