Parents Suing for Iraq Soldier Ryan Maseth's Death Lie
Back in January, the parents of Staff Sargeant Ryan Maseth were informed that their son had been killed while serving in Iraq. The cause of death? Bringing an electrical appliance into a shower.
Ryan Maseth's parents were skeptical. “I knew Ryan would not get into a shower with an electrical appliance, and having wires hanging overhead didn’t make sense,” said his mother Cheryl Harris, in a New York Times article exposing the coverup.
After more digging and help from reporter Greg Mitchell, it was clear that Ryan Maseth was not killed though his own foolish error.
It appears that contractor KBR-- a subsidary of Dick Cheney's Halliburton corporation-- improperly grounded a water pump used by soldiers. Grounding is necessary to remove any potential electrical current from contacting the water source, a conductor.
Ryan Maseth was electrocuted while taking a shower because of KBR's actions, sayd Cheryl. And now she is taking action.
The parents of Ryan Maseth have filed wrongful death lawsuit against KBR. Today, KBR asked for the case to be thrown out. Meanwhile it has been revealed that more than a dozen soldiers have been killed by electrocution in Iraq, potentially caused by KBR.
Tags: Ryan Maseth , Ryan
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.