Appeal to Prime Minister of Pakistan
In the name of Allah the merciful and the beneficient.
- Honourable Prime Minister Islamic Republic of Pakistan.
- Finance Minister Islamic Republic of Pakistan Islamabad.
- Chairman and committee members pay and pension committee government of Pakistan.
4-7. Chief Ministers, N.W.F.P, Punjab, Baluchistan and Sindh Provinces of Pakistan.
- Secretary Finance government of Pakistan Islamabad.
Subject: PETITION OF THE PENSIONERS.
Under government service rules, in law of Pakistan, a decade before the upper age limit for pension of government servants from scale 1-22 was 55 years. Later on it was extended to 58 years. Again the upper age for compulsory pension was further more extended to 60 years. As a result of this the trauma of unemployment is engulfing the educated and skilled unemployed citizens.
Hence the qualifying service for pension is 25 years. Only 2% to 3% state employees are pleased to get retirement after completing 25 years of qualifying service for the sack of other competent citizens. The remaining 97%-98% of the state employees remain in service approximately for 42 years (60-18=42years), till the upper age limit of 60 years that is compulsory age limit for pension.
Now the successor of the monarchy, bureaucracy, wants to extend the upper age limit from 60 years to 63 years. State employees are approximately 5% of the total population, 17 crore, of Pakistan. Of the remaining 95%, 10% constitutes the capitalists, landlords and industrialists. As a result the privileged class including 5% state employees is just 15% (10%+5%=15%) of the total population of Pakistan.
The remaining 85% population constitutes pensioners, especially from scale 1-15; farmers, unemployed citizens and minor traders, who are bound to live in very critical life circumstances. According to the ground realities the ratio of state employment in the country is as follows:
If a single house contains nine members, where the chain of govt. employment continues from ancestors then in such family seven out of nine members are govt. employees. In contrary in another family the orthodox hierarchy, unfortunately, is not govt. employment then the whole nine members, instead of their time and again struggle, are unemployed.
So the claim of the govt. that by increasing the salaries of the govt. employees, as one state employee per family, can be beneficiary for corores of families, is void and against the ground realities.
The policy of changing the condition of the poor from bad to worse and increasing the wealth of rich manifold should be change.
The govt. should not consider/claim that by increasing the salaries of govt. employees, 5% of the total population, has solve the economic problems of the 85% poor citizens, among them approximately 70% are living below poverty line.
The govt. should take care of 85% poor citizens who have got no supremacy by good governance and in this regard should provide sources of economy, employment, and escapism from poverty, medical treatment facilities to them.
The article 25 of the constitution (1973) of Pakistan provides equality to all the citizens. The govt. treatment with citizens is an absolute deviation from the article 25.
Do the supremacy in the state of Pakistan think in this approach that 5% of the country population in govt. employment enjoy the regards/meditations, increase in salaries and further more their TA, DA, medical treatment. For this the govt. allots billions of rupees. Because the remaining 95% of the total population avoids state employment and did not want govt. employment??
This theory, thought is against the ground realities. While the fact is that 95% population specially the youngsters (ladies and gentlemen) are suffering due to unemployment, having degrees in hands. Their lives have became miserable due to contraction and depression.
As the sovereignty is in the hands of 5% non-sensed bureaucrats and the 95% scattered masses from Karachi to Chitral are unable to compel the govt. to give them regards/meditations by making unions.
Before a revolution came in the country, the wealth should be equally distributed. Price hike should be controlled. The citizen system or local govt. system should be dissolved with immediate effect and the allotted fund of billions of rupees for the local govt. should be subsidized for food items and chemical fertilizers for the poor citizens. In this way a DAP fertilizer price should be fixed 500Rs/bag for the poor farmers. The action of the govt. to eliminate gradually the subsidized policy is just like collective economical homicide of 85% poor populace. The electricity crisis should be controlled. Terrorism should be checked. In this regard the perfromance of Pak Army and Pakistan Police is highly appreciated.
The country should be made Islamic Welfare State. The Pakistani currency should be saved from devaluation. The present Pakistani currency rate is less then the Afghan currency that is a question of shame, sorrow and grief for us. The country exports are approximately nil. Despite this fact the devaluation of the currency causes nothing else but inflation and price hike.
Corruption should be eliminated from the country. As China has hold death penalty for corrupt people. If the ruling party and opposition party in Pakistan are of good intention than, in Pakistan too, death penalty should be declared for the corrupt people. The presence of property (moveable/immoveable) and bank balance more than once deface is a proof for his indulgence in corruption.
If PPP’s govt. didn’t solve over problems then these will remain eternally unsolved.
Revolutionary measures should be taken to provide shares in the govt. employment to the unemployed especially to the educated unemployed citizens. Giving attention to 95% population especially to 85% silent and poor population the compulsory retirement age (upper age limit) should be reduced to 55 years from 60 years, to reduce unemployment because no one is indispensable for civil service. The upper age limit for compulsory retirement must be 55 years and if a govt. servant retires from the service after the completion of his qualifying service, 25 years, he must be encouraged and should be given regards/meditations and packages. Because in the present era from 2002 till now the salaries of govt. servants have been increased up to 300%, so no govt. servant would be voluntarily please to vacate the seat by retirement. In this way the present educated, skilled and unemployed youth could get employment and the country shall be on the way of progress.
All the following pensioner’s killing notifications/policies during the usurper general Musharraf’s dictatorial era should be repealed in the vast public interest. And all the pension rules before general Musharraf’s reign must be restored.
SUGGESTIONS REGARDING PENSION: -
- Commutation of pension reduced from 50% to 40% W.E.F 1/2/2001 which may be reconsidered up to the level of 50%.
- Rate per rupee of commuted value of pension has also been reduced from 15.4149 to 12.3719 W.E.F 1/12/2001 that may also be continued.
- Benefit of burdened portion of pension in lieu of commutation/gratuets has been withdrawn W.E.F 1/12/2001, which may be confirmed/continued.
- 2% service benefit up to the limit of 10% for each completed years of qualifying service beyond 30years has also been discontinued W.E.F 1/12/2001 which may be continued.
FOR EXAMPLE: -
COMPARATIVE STATEMENT OF PENSION: -
In BPS-11 on
Now BPS-14 on
Q-service 30yrs 3465*30*7/300 G.pension 2425.50
40% commutation 970.20
35% commutation 3998.40
Net pension Rs. 1455.30
Increase w.e.f 1.7.03, 15% of net pension Rs. 218.29
// // 1.7.04, 08% // // // Rs. 116.42
// // 1.7.05, 10% // // // Rs. 145.50
// // 1.7.06, 15% // // // Rs. 218.29
// // 1.7.07, 15% // // // Rs. 218.29
// // 1.7.08, 15% // // // Rs. 218.29
// // 1.7.09, 15% // // // Rs. 218.29
Net pension Rs. 7425.60
Total pension Rs. 2808.07
Total pension Rs. 7425.60
· A govt. servant in BPS-11 was drawing pension including increase up to 31/12/2009 at the rate of 2808.07. Where as that govt. servant who is now in BPS-14 will retire from Q-service of 30 years will be entitled net pension of Rs.7425.60. This discrimination may please be removed.
It is clear that if a pensioner of scale-11 gains an increase of 15-20% on his pension then this increases his monthly pension by only 200-300Rs while this percentage increases an in service scale-11 (scale-11 which is up grated to scale-14) employee’s salary by 200-300Rs. In spite of this enhancement in salary the in service employee also avails TA, DA and medical fund. For this purpose billions of rupees are appropriated in addition to the salary. The annual increment of 380Rs to his salary is additional.
Therefore it is requested that the pension of pensioners till 2005 should be increase by 80% and in every District under the supervision of DCO an office should be established which would deal in pensioner’s funds for treatment etc in a regular way.
Or keeping in view the present era price hike and scarcity the monthly pension of a pensioner from scale
BPS. 01-04 should be 6000Rs.
BPS. 05-10 should be 8000Rs
BPS. 11-15 should be 10000Rs
BPS. 16-22 should also be increased by this ratio, with medical treatment facilities in additional. This will surely be the cause for the relief of the pensioners.
Pensioner NOOR ELAHI
Tehsil and District
G.H. Farooqi PO Box No. 50 GPO Chitral Pakistan phone No. 03025989602, 0943-302295, 414418
Tags: Chitral Pakistan
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.