Mehbooba stresses the need for immediate revocation of draconian AFSPA
Srinagar, India,April 26 (Scoop News) - Peoples Democratic party (PDP) President Mehbooba Mufti today stressed the need for immediate revocation of draconian AFSPA and said that the lack of accountability for security forces was taking a heavy toll of civilians, their personal liberties were curbed and their dignity compromised.
Addressing a large gathering at the historic Lal chowk in Srinagar Mehbooba also called for reduction of troops in the state and removing them from civilian areas. Mehbooba said all political prisoners should be released immediately. She reiterated the demand of the PDP to restore state’s authority over its water and power resources that had been bartered away by the NC over the past.
Earlier on Monday,Peoples Democratic party today held demonstrations through out the J&K state to impress upon the government of
Demonstrations were held at all the district head quarters through out the state.
In Baramulla demonstrations were led by General Secretary Mohd Dilawar Mir . MLA & District President Basharat Bukhari. At Kupwara Abhaq Khan , Gh Mohiudin Sofi ,while in Pulwama Mohd Khalil Bandh, Syed Bashir, District President Gh Mohiudin Mir Youth General Secretary Showkat Gayoor participated and in Shopian MLA Ab Razaq Zawoora and district President Mohd Shafi Bandey led the procession.
In Anantnag massive demonstration was led by MLA Ab Rehman Veeri,Peer Mansoor Hussain, Mohd Rafi Mir, District President Peer Mohd Hussain , Ab Rahim Rather, Youth Secretary Mohd Imran Shah, district President Youth Bilal Najar and all zonal Presidents of Anantnag. In kulgam demonstrations was held and addressed by Mohamed Sartaj Madni, Ab Gaffar Sofi, Ab Aziz Zargar, District President Nazir Ah Laway, Manzoor Ah Zargar and other leaders.
In Rajouri Choudhry Zulufkar Ali MLA, Shahzad Khan , Ahsan Mirza and others addressed the rally. Demonstration were held in Poonch,Kishtwar, Doda, and Banihal as well.
1) The Party demanded revocation of the draconian AFSPA
2) Withdraw armed forces from all civilian areas and internal security duties
3) Free all political prisoners
4) Initiate structured dialogue with internal stake holders to address internal dimension of the problem
5) Renegotiate the highly discriminatory, exploitative and sahukari terms of agreement with NHPC to help the state gain economic self-reliance and dignity
6) Return the hydroelectric projects like Salal, Dulhasti and Uri which have earned for the NHPC their investment many times over.
7) Take steps to make trade and travel across LOC hassle free. Provide banking and institutional back up to trade.
Tags: Revocation Of AFSPA , PDP , Mehbooba Mufti , Jammu , Kashmir
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.