Mobile phone explosion kills man
In what has come as the first incident of fatality inflicted by the explosion of mobile phone battery, a South Korean man named Suh, was found dead at his workplace in a quarry Wednesday morning. his mobile phone battery was melted in his shirt pocket, a police official in Cheongwon, 135 kilometers (85 miles) south of Seoul, told The Associated Press. "We believe that the cell phone battery exploded," the police official said. The official said the phone was made by South Korea's LG Electronics, the world's fifth-biggest handset maker. LG Electronics confirmed its product was involved in the accident but said such a death on battery explosion was virtually impossible.
Tags: Mobile Phone , Battery Explosion , LG
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.