It’s the start of a New Year and many of us are moving towards kick-starting a healthier lifestyle. But with the days still short and the temperatures still freezing, it can be hard to be motivated to leave the house and hit the gym or head out for a run.With the help of Miller Homes, we have thought of a few ways you can start living your best life and being the healthiest that you can be, starting at work.
- Prep your lunch the day before – there’s no point thinking you’ll do it in the morning because there won’t be time and you’ll be reaching for the shop bought sandwich at 1 o’clock, so take the time to prep a healthy homemade meal.
- Fill your bowl wisely – pack your lunch with protein to keep you fuller for longer, think quinoa or grilled chicken breast. Here are some great ideas from Damn Delicious.
- Try to walk just a little – if you take the bus, do the classic trick of getting off a stop earlier and if you drive, park a little further up the road or at the next car park away from the office. It is recommended that adults in the UK should aim to take 10,000 steps per day, so get walking about on your lunch break.
- Put a brew on – it can be tricky to get your two litres of water a day in, but remember you don’t have to just drink pure water – put the kettle on and make the whole office a brew (extra brownie points).
- Squeeze those muscles – do 10-20 reps of clenching and relaxing the muscles you want to tone up – every little helps!
- Use your lunch hour – an hour is a long time, so make the most of it and try to go out for a walk even if it’s just for 15 minutes, you’ll feel so much more refreshed for the afternoon too.
- Take control of office snacks – there are few things more difficult than turning down a slice of homemade cake or a biscuit that a colleague has brought in, so take control and bring in the healthy bakes yourself!
- Offer to run errands – put yourself forward for taking the mail to the post office or nipping to the shop to pick up some more milk to get the blood pumping after being sat stationary.
- Take a break – health is mental as well as physical, make sure to take break from work when things get stressful and count to 10 and think of your favourite place to be.
10. Treat yourself – a healthy lifestyle is all about balance – so make sure to treat yourself every now and then!
I hope these tips will help all of you out there who are looking to turn over a new healthy leaf – I know you can do it!