Private tutors or private tuition arrangements must have direct involvement of parents. First we must measure our child’s requirement for a private tutor or private tuition. Parents must closely follow the performance of their child in the school to decide for a private tutor.
- Regular communications with teachers is important, because when parents keep contacting teachers frequently, it makes the teacher to notice your child and take care in his performance. Some times their regular concentration on your child also brings good performance, because next time when the teacher meets you, she will like to give good report on your child.
- Parents should not be blind and deaf about the academic performance of their child. If they find that the child is not doing well in the school, parents can analyze whether their special care on their child’s education can bring an improvement. Mothers have proved to be the best private tutors, because she knows how to make her child understand (for kids). Regular coaching of mother to her child has also brought many changes. In many kids case reports show gradual improvement in the child’s performance, when the mother becomes the tutor.
- If you still find it difficult, then you can contact the teacher of your child, and ask whether he/she can be your child’s private tutor.
- Ask the teacher to refer for a private tutor as she would know about the person and she can refer a good one.
- Check your neighbor or other parents in school for a good tutor.
- Check with them which one they find beneficiary; bring private tutor home or sending your child for private tuition.
- Check the ads in daily newspaper to find list of people offering private tuition.
- You can go to job sites online, where you can find list of people giving private tutors.
- In news paper also you can check ads on private tuition and decide based on fee structure and results they produce.
- Now days we have online tuitions sites, where online private tutors are available. You can register your child with a private tutor and he can have class. If this method is comfortable you can save lot of time and energy on both sides. You must also see if the tutor is available in your time.
If you are deciding for a home private tutor, check his credentials and ask him references. After you have fixed a private tutor, watch the performance of your child. Also, if you are available at home during tuition at home or find out from your child, how the tutor makes your child feel. Ask your child whether he or she feel confident and able to understand. Follow the regularity of the tutor. Take the feedback of your child from the tutor. Follow whether he is encouraging and friendly to your child. You are blessed if your tutor has knowledge about current happenings in education field and guides your child accordingly for opportunities.