Anyone who has ever been in a romantic relationship knows that every couple fights. Even a person who is normally very level-headed in most situations can be reduced to a screaming monster in the heat of the moment during an argument with their significant other. Emotional relationships inspire strong emotional reactions.
The question becomes one of trying to figure out how to get your man back after you have acted badly. Below are 13 things you can do to get him to forgive you.
- Give yourself some time to cool down before you try talking to him again.
The worst thing you can do is try to communicate with him before you’re ready, only to get into another heated argument.
- Give the guy some space so he can cool down and start to miss you.
Time does truly heal most wounds. With some perspective, time will allow him to put the episode in perspective as just another argument that all couples have.
- Apologize to him and admit that you were wrong.
It takes an honorable person to say they’re sorry and admit when they are wrong. Say you’re sorry and mean it. Don’t grovel though. Everybody makes mistakes.
- Resist the urge to go crazy on social media by posting a million selfies to get his attention.
If he cares about you, he is hurting. If you are posting a bunch of smiling selfies like you have nothing better to do, he might get the wrong idea and think you are just fine and not worried about the relationship.
- Be flirtatious and don’t be too serious about your bad behavior.
Flash those pearly whites to warm him up, smiling so that he can’t resist smiling back. Remind him that you’re simply human, and still a catch.
- Stay calm when discussing what happened.
Don’t text back and forth. Call him or meet him to discuss what happened. Getting into a screaming match via texts won’t help your cause. Use your physical presence to show him how important resolving the issues are to you.
- After some time, pull him back to you.
Suggest meeting for lunch or a quick drink after work. Be light and don’t make a big deal out of it or you might scare him away and he can pull back again.
- Dress for him to remind him of how attractive you are and what he’s missing.
Men are visual creatures. When you want to make up with him, you need to look your best. This is not the time to put on your sweatpants and meet for a chat.
- Don’t ignore the underlying problem.
It is important to behave like an adult and acknowledge what the conflict was really about. If you don’t talk this through, the problem will probably come back again.
- Reign in your emotions when talking to him.
Men aren’t known for being able to handle an emotional outburst. Remember that when you start discussing the incident, whatever you do, don’t fall apart. Keep your cool.
- Do not have makeup sex until you have talked it out and made some progress.
Sex will not solve the problem you’re having. As tempting as it may be to use sex to get him back, resist that instinct.
- Don’t be predictable.
Maybe you should cancel a date or change your plans. Keep your man on his toes not knowing what to expect. It will keep him chasing you.
- Be civil always.
It will make him respect you more. Showing a little class is always a good idea.