2 died 37 fell ill after eating contaminated food (Fikora) at Danin.
CHITRAL: As well as 2 persons including a child age 11 years died after eating contaminated food item (Pikora) at Danin Chitral. Police started investigation to ascertain the reasons behind this incidence. 37 persons including one woman sister of deceased person were affected by eating poisonous Pikora and were shifted to DHQ Hospital out of them 6 persons are in critical condition. According to detail Tehsil Nazim Chitral Sartaj Ahmad Khan said that players and spectators ate contaminated Fikora (common food item) during a football Tournament at Danin Shothar. After a few moments some of them became unconscious and were expired on their way before reaching to hospital. While gradually the other persons were also fell unconscious and were feeling agony and dozing they were also shifted to District Headquarters Hospital (DHQ) of Chitral. Those who expired are known as Abdul Khaleem age 45 years who was seller of contaminated Fikora and ate some Fikora by self. The other deceased person is Jaffar Ali Shah son of Farhat Ali Shah age 11 years. Listening the news about this incidence Tehsil Nazim Chitral Sartaj Ahmad Khan immediately called to Commandant Chitral Scouts for deputing of Medical Team to control this situation. Who detailed a team of Doctors with medical staff and life saving drug and immediately reached DHQ Hospital Chitral. As well as Tehsil Nazim also reached to hospital to monitor and control the situation.
Those who were affected and were rushed to DHQ Hospital Chitral where they were admitted and under treatment are known as Sirajud Din age 28 years, sister of Abdul Khaleem age 40 years, Fazal Mahmood 25, Azmat Elahi 15 years of age, Azizur Rehman 26 years, M. Karim 14, Suhail Ahmad 7, M. Younus 6, Afaaq 15, Sher Rahmat 30 years, Iftikhar Ahmad 35, M. Naeem 30 years, Attaur Rehman 40, Salman Khan 10, Imran Khan 22 years, Mumtaz Ahmad 30, Gul Sher 10, Abdul Shaheen 40, Asif Ali 14 years, Sanaullah 17, Muhammad Ameen 14, M. Wazir 50, Riaz Ahmad 30, Asif Azam 12 years, Mansoor Ahmad 21 years, M. Farooq 35 years, Shakirullah 30 years, Siddiqullah 9 years, Sher Khan 10, Asif Khan 10 years, Sister of Khaleem late, Sohail Zia 20 years, Noshad Ali Khan 30, Mansoor Ali 22 years Akbar Hussain 20 and Umara Khan age 11 years.
Hence other affected people are being shifting to DHQ hospital from that area who gradually feeling some pain or other symbol of food poison or contaminated food affect. Reasons behind this sorrowful incidence could not ascertain immediately either it was deliberately or with mistake. District Specialist Dr. Ruknuddin while talking this scribe said that it is not food poison but contaminated food. He said usually in such cases pesticide and other slow poison items like rabbits killing pesticide etc mixing with some food and after eating that item patient facing vomiting and expire if not given him first aid. All medicines were provided free of cost Dr. Nazir Ahmad Medical Superintendent (MS) of DHQ hospital told. Meanwhile Tehsil Nazim Chitral Sartaj Ahmad Khan highly appreciated and hailed efforts of all doctors, paramedical staff including doctors and staff of CMH for their continue struggle and efforts who saved life of 6 very serious persons.
Hence Doctor say that it will be confirm after laboratory test of these food items (Pikora) eaten by died and affected persons.
There are so many speculators about the incidence that during the football tournament two rival teams also quarreled and exchanged harsh words as a result tournament was also suspended for a few days. Chitral police took some items in their posses and started further investigation.
G.H. Farooqi Po Box No. 50 GPO Chitral Pakistan phone # 0943-302295, 414418, 0302
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org