For the best aerial cinematography drone experience you must have the best drones for your time. Personally I love the DJI Phantom 4, my co-pilot would say otherwise. But one very important thing is that a great film or photo requires the very best drone. Go for a state of the art machine if you can. And remember to master your drone first. Practice makes you perfect and will make your clients happy with what they get – in case you are in business.
2016 Drone Cinematography: The Top 5 Drones to Buy
Love drones? Looking for a machine that could really satisfy your love for drones? I have used quite a number of drones for my drone cinematography and wedding photographic needs. If you are ever going to buy a drone in this fall, here are the top five drones you could go with from my list.
The DJI Phantom 4
- Advanced type of obstacle avoidance, simply engage the “follow me” mode.
- Avoid any obstacle on it’s path including trees, and power lines.
- 28 minute runtime.
- Versus the Phantom 3, the DJI Phantom 4 has an exceptional speed.
- Great for skiing, surfing, or biking – the camera shoots at 4K at 30fps giving top line aerial photography.
Parrot AR.Drone 2.0 Power Edition
- Has an outstanding flight mode of up to 36 minutes.
- Super cool for beginners (easy to control)
- Works with iPod touch, iPhone, iPad, and Android Devices.
- Users can easily stream the cameras view to any of their smart devices (controlled via Wi-Fi using tablets and smartphones).
- Has1,500 mah, a HD 720p camera.
DJI Phantom 3 Professional
- Comes with a 4K UHD video camera
- Has a 3 axis gimbals and offers high end crystal clear photos
- Has extensive flight-time
- Provides smooth videos
- Has an app enabled first person view.
- It has vision positioning system and a GPS assisted hangover.
- Has max ascent speed of 5m/s and a max descent speed of 3m/s
- Shoots videos in 4K at up to 30 frames/s and photos at 12 megapixels.
The Hubsan X4 Quadcopter
- Perfect for beginners that don’t need to take pictures; the practice master
- Great if you want to hone your skills
- Ideal for fun filled drone time
- Has a high capacity battery and offers 2.4Ghz
- Comes with 4 channel control with a six axis flight control system.
- It’s the best MINI QUAD COPTER.
DJI Phantom 3 Standard
- It is great for fun, very safe, and has high quality camera.
- It has an integrated camera and a 3 axis gimbals
- It shoots videos in 2.7K while photos at 12MP.
- Has an auto hover that effectively holds position and altitude when your hands are off the controls.
- The DJI Phantom 3 Standard has the “BEST VALUE.”
If you are looking for the best drone cinematography machines, choose any of the following. They are suitable for practice, shots, and filming. I have tried all of them and I loved them.
Depending on what you are looking for, your choice of drone will differ from the next guys. Maximize you interests and choose the very best for you. A great drone equals a fun time and a great thrill for overhead shots. I have been here long enough to know that drones are the basic determinant of the very best aerial cinematography drone films. Choose wisely but get an affordable gadget.