The single most frequently asked question by visitors anticipating a trip to Banff National Park is, “what is there to do?” Here are just a few of the many activities available in Banff, Lake Louise and the neighbouring community of Canmore.
- What could possibly be more exciting than soaring over the trees of the Canadian Rockies at 50 kilometers per hour — riding a zip-line, that’s what!!! For those unfamiliar, a zip-line consists of a pulley suspended on a steel cable mounted on an incline; the rider is attached to it by a harness and is zipped along thanks to gravity. Sound like fun? It is, trust us! Its one activity many visitors to the Canadian Rockies say was the most exhilarating they have ever done in their lives!! Awesome All-Season Adventure’s offers zip-line tours in Banff that include three dual zip lines that descend down a mountain side and across the Kicking Horse River. Short walks between each line allow guests to learn about nature first hand, discovering the history and mountain ecology of the area.
- Golfing in Banff National Park has been a Canadian Rockies sport enjoyed for almost a century. Built in 1928, The Fairmont Banff Springs Golf Course, majestically situated at the foot of Mount Rundle, and winding its way along the Bow River, is an experience one could enjoy day after day. With breathtaking views and exciting golf holes, golfing in Banff will captivate your golfing soul and provide lasting memories.
- Banff Whitewater rafting near Banff National Park and Lake Louise, on the thrilling Kicking Horse River allows thrill seekers the option between day or multi-day trips. Rafting in Banff can be enjoyed by everyone, from traveling singles, couples, corporate groups or families. Rafting in Jasper is truly another Canadian Rockies favourite and if you are looking for the perfect staff appreciation party, why not have it on the River!
- Hiking in Banff National Park, Alberta, Canada offers some of the best Canadian Rockies backcountry hiking available. Whether you are a newbie or have been hiking for years, the awe-inspiring beauty of the Canadian Rockies will undoubtedly provide each person with a unique experience. The Canadian Rockies are vast and there is no better way to safely enjoy them than to seek the experience and guidance of experts.
- For something truly unique and exciting, see the spectacular Canadian Rockies from the vantage point with an ATV Tour of Banff. Travel into remote areas with experienced guides, and enjoy the thrill of riding the rugged terrain on a well-maintained ATV. Photograph wildlife in their natural habitat, and keep your eyes open for waterfalls, glacial lakes, and of course a myriad of snow-capped peaks that are the soul of the Canadian Rockies. Best of all, Awesome All-Season Adventure’s ATV Tours, you cover more ground than a hike – while having the ride of your life!