Apple recently unveiled the beta version of iOS 10, its brand new mobile OS version for iPhone and iPad. The company claims it to be the biggest release for its users since its inception.
The all new iOS 10 has come out with plenty of new features, some bizarre quirks and a few bugs here and there. If you’re an Apple fan and have installed iOS 10 on your device, you would certainly find the features exciting. For those who missed the installation, here’s a list of six cool features in iOS 10 you need to check out:
6 Best Features in iOS 10:
- User Interface:
- The lock screen has got a complete makeover. It now supports pick up to wake and has made accessing the camera easier. You just need to swipe left. In case you swipe right, it will display your widget page. Just when Android thought to ditch the widget on the lockscreen, Apple decided to bring it back.
- Siri has been updated with a set of features of its own. The biggest change in Siri is its opening to developers. It can now send messages through non-Apple messengers and can even reserve Uber cars. Siri can also search images via various third-party photo apps. It can make VoIP calls and send payments.
- QuickType Keyboard:
- The new keyboard features enhancements with Siri’s intelligence and can sense what you need to say or answer. It reads through your messages and can suggest creating events, sharing your location, and remembering recent addresses. The best part is it now provides support for multilingual typing.
- The PhotosApp has also learned some new tricks. Although quite similar to Android’s, the new PhotosApp now displays your photos on a map which you can sort by the faces of your friends. AI sorting in Memories is another cool feature in PhotosApp. It scans your photos and sorts them automatically in albums by landmarks, people, animals, topics and several other criteria.
- The MapsApp also got a boost with Map layers and proactive assistance. It now supports extensions that help you ease a lot of your daily activities – it offers the quickest routes by following all the traffic around you and can suggest nearby places. It also makes reservations.
- Alike other apps, the NewsApp also received a brand new interface. The new NewsApp can create subtopics for you, for example, if you like to read about Rio Olympic 2016, the app will automatically create a subcategory for Rio Olympic 2016.
With the new iOS 10 features and enhancements, building custom apps for iPhone will now move a step forward. iOS 10 will be available for Apple devices for free this fall. Which other iOS features you think are worth checking out? Share your answers in the comments below.