Skin conditions such as acne, acne rosacea, or merely the impact of aging affect most adults at some point in their life. In fact, the American Academy of Dermatology reports that acne is the most common skin disorder in the country, affecting some 40-50 million Americans. What’s more is that around 85 percent of all people in the country will at some point in their life have acne. Add to that the additional 16 million people who are affected by the skin condition rosacea and it’s clear to see that skin problems are common. It also leads millions to search for products or treatments that will help them have great skin.
“Having great looking skin is a mystery to most people. They are just not sure what to do in order to make things better,” explains Crystal Wellman, a Master Aesthetician and owner of the Crystal Clear Acne Clinic, located in Fredericksburg, Va. “Some of the things they do may even work against them to make it work, even if they are using products that claim to help their skin.”
The good news is that there are things that can be done in order to improve and have great-looking skin, including these six secrets:
- Avoid irritating. It’s important to avoid the urge to pop, pick or otherwise irritate acne or other skin conditions. This will just make it worse. While you may want to squeeze that pimple, you are better off leaving it be.
- Be gentle. Always use gentle products that will not be abrasive or dry the skin out. Be gentle when rubbing the face to clean it as well, being sure to avoid any vigorous scrubbing or harshness. Choose a facial cleanser that is gentle and not overly drying, hydrated skin heals faster.
- Stop the clog. The make-up industry is huge, with just the sales of organic and natural beauty products expected to top $9 billion next year. This make-up may look great, but a lot of it can clog the pores, leading to acne and other skin problems. Those who wear make-up should be diligent about gently cleaning it off their face at the end of the day. Always check all makeup and skincare products for pore clogging ingredients, as long as you are using them you will never be acne free.
- Think protection. According to the Skin Cancer Foundation, skin cancer is the most common form of cancer, affecting over two million people each year. Sun and even being around cigarette smoke can damage the skin and lead to premature aging of it. Make an effort to protect the skin by wearing sunscreen, a hat, or sitting in the shade.
- Drink water. Many people question whether or not staying hydrated helps you have great-looking skin. It is important to understand that the skin is an organ and like others it needs water to be at its best. It’s always a good idea to stay hydrated by drinking plenty of water.
- Get help. Not everyone is able to successfully take on their skin conditions and win all on their own. Get the help you need from a professional who can help identify and treat the problem, as well as provide information on how to avoid it in the future.
“Once you learn more about what to do and what not to do it all becomes easier to have great-looking skin,” added Wellman. “At the clinic we not only treat the condition, but we teach people what to do so they can prevent and address problems in the future.”
Crystal Clear Acne Clinic is a new full-service skin care clinic located at located at 1210 Princess Anne St. Suite A in Fredericksburg, Va. The clinic offers skin care treatment for a wide variety of conditions, including acne, rosacea, and aging. The clinic is owned by serial entrepreneur Crystal Wellman, who is a Master Aesthetician and also owns Ladyburg, a handcrafted bath and body store. She is also a certified acne specialist, and is also certified in the areas of oncology, dermaplane, and microdermabrasion. For more information on the Crystal Clear Acne Clinic visit their website at www.crystalclearacneclinic.com