If one is planning to visit and explore India, the trip would be incomplete without visiting Delhi, capital of India. This place has a lot of things to offer. From its astonishing history to delicious street food, you are going to love them all. But, if you want to explore something more about Delhi, here are some unusual things what you can do in Delhi:
• Go for a morning walk in Lodhi Gardens, the ivy-green grass and serenity of this garden is perfect for some fresh air in the morning. The vintage charm of Lodhi Garden is bound to leave you spell bound. From ancient verandas to blooming flowers, it has everything that can energize you for whole day. It is one of the favourite places of locals. After you complete your morning walk, you can have scrumptious breakfast at the Lodhi restaurant. It will be an awesome start to a wonderful day.
• Do you want to do some crazy stuff in Delhi which you will cherish forever? Well, if this is the case you can do cycling in Delhi. Ride through the narrow old lanes of Delhi and feel the smell, the charm of old Delhi, observe people’s daily lives there, learn some history, talk to people and have yummy street food. Learn about the roads properly and enjoy hassle-free, smart way to roam around in Delhi.
• When in Delhi, don’t forget to pay a visit to Kingdom of Dreams, it is the place where culture, art, craft, cuisine, heritage, performing arts are demonstrate in dreamy setting. It is one of the must-visit places in Delhi. Zangoora and Jhumroo are two amazing shows staged in the theatre. Jhumrao emphasizes more story-telling side while Zangoora is more about eye-catching visual effects. Tickets are a bit expensive for the weekends so prefer going on weekdays. And if you are a foodie, the culture gully would be just perfect for you; it offers different cuisines from different part of the country.
• Spend an evening listening to Qawwali music in Nizamuddin Dargha if you want to have a spiritual experience. This form of music is basically a mix of devotional poetry and Hindustani music. It is kind of Sufi music in India. It offers mental peace to the audience. Sufism allows one to freedom of expression through different kinds of arts such as poetry, dance, and song. You should prefer going to Nizamuddin Dargah on Thursday.
• Pigeon race, which is also famously known as “Kabootar Bazi” was invented by Mughals decades back. And it remains one of the popular tourist spot in Delhi. Pigeon racing is very common but, Delhi celebrates this in a grand manner. About 500 people train pigeons to take part in this sport.
• If you want to find your inner peace, you must visit Lotus temple. It is bejeweled with 27 lotus petals, it offers calmness and serenity and it’s perfect for an early morning stroll. Also, it is often compared to Sydney Opera House. You can walk through lush green garden and then enter the sanctuary to pray.
Also, when in Delhi, not shopping from streets would be a really bad idea, which you will regret it later. Visit Sarojini Nagar, Lajpat Nagar, Janpath Market, these markets have great collection of trendy clothes, accessories and jewelries. Street shopping in Delhi will take you to another level.
If you are with your family and kids, there are some places your kids would love to be. Select City Walk is one of the places, they have wonderful kids’ play zone, which is one of the well-known kids play zone in New Delhi.