ORGANIZATIONAL PROFILE OF
Pakistani Hosalamand Khawateen Network (PHKN)
Muhallah Afzalabad, Central Jail Area, Buniwala Baba Road, Distt. Haripur
Ph: 0995 – 524567 / 0995 – 627040
Pakistani Hosalamand Khawateen Network (PHKN), Formally -Pind Hashim Khan Network is a Non-Governmental Organization, founded in 1997 and Registered in 2001 under cooperative Society Act 1925. The Organization is working in District Haripur. It has community development activity that implement different programmes at grass root level aimed at attaining sustainable development.
PHKN is working on poverty alleviation and empowering marginalized, deprived, oppressed and neglected communities through social mobilization, Natural Resource Managemenr, Micro-enterprise development, Capacity Building, Women Empowerment, Health and Educational Interventions and Net Working.
Prosperous Society on the basis of justice, peace and empowerment of marginalized groups with focus on women in NWFP.
Enhancing the Role and Capacities of Rural populations to improve their quality of life with equal participation of all.
- To improve livelihood conditions of poor conditions of poor communities through integrated interventions in NRM, Enterprise Development and Micro-Credit.
- To provide clean drinking water and building up Sanitation Infrastructure in remote areas.
- To provide Health Care Services in mother and child care, women reproductive health, HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis and other communicable diseases.
- To impart skill and knowledge for improvement in human and institutional development through training and consultancy with NGOs, CBOs and community groups.
- To facilitate women empowerment through interventions for women rights, gender and equal participation with men in leadership and decision making.
- To contribute in developing quality education through enhancing capacity of existing establishment/setups with conscious efforts for increasing literacy in girls and deserving section of society.
- Net work with like minded organizations and forums for collective efforts at local, national and international levels.
- Livelihood Program
- Water and Sanitation Program
- Health Program
- HID Program
Cross Cutting Programs:
- Education Program
- Women Empowerment Program
- Disaster management Program
- Respect for Human Dignity
- Efficiency and Effectiveness
- Mutual Trust and Cooperation
PHKN CURRENT PROGRAMME
PHKN is running following programs in District Haripur.
- Social Mobilization and Net Working
- Improvement in Natural Resource Management
- Home Based Enterprise Development
- Health Awareness Dialogues
- Capacity Building
PARTNERS IN DEVELOPMENTS
- Farm Forestry Support Project (FFSP)
- Aik Hunar Aik Nagar (AHAN)
- Sarhad Rural Support Program (SRSP)
- Project for Horticulture Promotion (PHP-IC)
- Action Aid Pakistan
- The Asia Foundation (TAF)
- Govt. Line Departments
PROGRAMME EXECUTION METHODLOGIES
As PHKN is community oriented organization and working for the economic uplift of marginalized communities with special focus on women in remote areas of District Haripur. It has comprehensive and unique approach for implementation of different programs. PHKN believes that social mobilization and participatory approach are the ways to make social and economic change in society possible. Therefore, PHKN makes sure an effective and practical and social mobilization and participatory approach in mentioned community strengthening programs.
PHKN PROGRAMATIC OPPERATIONAL METHODOLOGY
· Meeting with communities.
· Baseline survey, feasibilities, Evaluation and prioritization of problems.
· Group formation.
· Capacity building
· Implementation/Execution of programs
· Planning, Monitoring, Evaluation and research
· Effective programmatic planning mechanism
· Effective programmatic reporting and documentation
SOCIAL MOBILIZATION AND NETWORKING
The Program Goals:
To organize people at grass root level and enabling them to attain positive social and economic change through required capacity building
· To develop institutional infrastructure at grass root level
· To ensure adequate utilization of human send social capital
· Enhance the people mutual trust and coordination
· To promote democratic culture and tradition in the society
· To ensure people right through right base approach
· Networking of the grass root level institution for ensuring function ability Enterprise development program.
ENTERPRISE DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMME
The Program Goals:
“To provide opportunities to marginalized people with priority to women for self employment arrangement with the ultimate purpose of poverty reduction”
· To facilitate the poor and marginalized having priority for women to initiate their own productive employment
· Increase the productivity of poor/women involved in micro enterprises
· To empower the poor women through involving them into income generation activity
· Organized people into small groups (IGs) for the promotion of organizational culture enterprises
· To provide backup support for the promotion of different group enterprises through providing marketing outlet
· To facilitate the target group in accessing to financial resources through own village bank and others initiatives.
CAPACITY BUILDING PROGRAMME
The Program Goals:
To establish and train people’s organizations at grass root level capable of addressing the social, economic and political issues prevailing at local level along with government and non government institution required capacity building.
· To ensure sustainability of formed institution at grass root level
· To build the capacities of target groups
· To ensure adequate utilization of human and social capital
· To aware target group regarding benefits of networking
· To ensure people right based development
NATURAL RESOURCE MANGEMENT PROGRAMME
The Program Goals:
To obtain optimum benefits through better natural resource management, introducing innovation techniques and transfer of technologies with the support of developing forum formed at grass root level.
· To contribute in poverty reduction
· To ensure optimum utilization of available resources
· To benefit target group through applying “Value chain approach in on farm NRM based enterprise.
· To enable target communities for getting benefits of new techniques, innovations and modern techniques of maximizing margins.
PLANNING, MONITORING, EVALUATION AND RESEARCH (PMER)
It is a program support unit and planning an active role for sustainable development of community and organization itself. PMER unit is supporting other departments for dissemination of information on regular basis. It has formed well designed planning, monitoring, evaluation and research mechanism for programmatic activities of the organization.
ACHIEVEMENTS AT A GLANCE:
· Presence in Union Council 10
· Number of women organizations formed 45
· Number of men organizations formed 07
· Facilitation in VO formation 04
· Number of IGs formed 17
· Women membership 1350
· Men membership 210
· Capacity building in Organizational Management 116
· Capacity building in NRM Sector 35
· Capacity building in Enterprise Development 350
· Capacity building in Human Rights and gender awareness 110
· Facilitation in access to credit No: of Clients 470
· Facilitation in physical infrastructure development, No: of schemes 45
· Establishment of women health clinics 02
· Establishment of adult literacy centers 10
· People benefited by different awareness program e.g. HIV/AIDS, TB etc. 1,090
· Introduction of new crops variety through demonstrations plots No.75 (340 kanals)