Requirement for animation studies
* To be successful in animation you need to have an eye for motion.
* Plenty of Patience.
* Should be willing to redo work again and again.
* Be prepared to sit in front of the computer all day all night.
* Have good desk research skills, both at work and outside.
* No university degree is required to enter the industry, but normally you need to be 12th standard pass.
PLUSES AND MINUSES:
+ High Salary prospects: you can earn more then a lakh a month after a couple of years in the industry.
+ Plenty of promotion prospects.
+ A career you can stay in for life without getting bored.
+ Fun filled, informal and trendy work environment.
– A very male dominated profession.
– Long hours. Staff sometimes must work through the night.Some studios has been described as as sweat shops and many animators become workaholics
– Mastering the softwares require a lot of hard work and progress up career ladder requires a lot of dedication.
GO GLOBAL :
# If you are good and have the skills, you can get a job anywhere in the world as the same international softwares are used all over the world.
# Indian animators have been hired to work in animation studios in Hollywood, Australia and Europe. For example, until recently, the technical director of Pixar in Hollywood was an Indian.
# Some studios like Creast Animation Studios have acquired foreign studios. You can get global exposure by working with foreigners.
CAREER LADDER :
Level 1 : Entry level monthly salary: Rs. 8000-20,000 for trainee rising to Rs. 20,000-40,000 after two years.Five years plus you could be earning in lakhs.
Level 2 : Lead animator / Dept lead / team leader / Supervisor. Rs. 50,000-75,000/-
Level 3: Project Manager. Rs. 75,000-1,00,000/-
Level 4: Animation director. Rs. 1,00,000 and above.
Level 5: Series director. Rs. 2,00,000 and above.
Guys and gals out there what are you waiting for if you have the requisite skills then go get a career in animation.