Ateneo De Manila University got the No. 1 spot in the 2007 Bar examination wherein 22.91% of examinees passed.
Mercedita Ona, a 27-year-old paralegal at the Sycip, Salazar and Gatmaitan law firm, taking the number one spot with a grade of 83.55 percent.
Here are the Top 10 Bar passers released by the Supreme Court:
1. Mercedita L. Ona, Ateneo De Manila University, 83.55
2. Jennifer Ong, University of the Philippines-Diliman, 83.35
3. Yvanna BL Maalat, Ateneo, 82.75
4. Jennie C. Aclan,
5. John Michael F. Galauran,
6. Karen S. Canullas,
7. Cecille L. Mejia, Ateneo De Manila University, 81.35
Sheryl Ann D. Tizon, University of the Philippines-Diliman, 81.35
8. Marforth T. Fua, San Beda College, 81.20
9. Ruby M. Luy, Ateneo De Davao University, 81.15
10. Christian B. Llido,
Vivian S. Tan, University of the Philippines-Diliman, 80.90
According to SC Associate Justice Adolf Azcuna, compared to year 2006, the number of Bar passers are lower in 2007.
Out of the 5,626 examinees from 109 law schools nationwide, only 1,289 passed the 2007 Bar exams, which were held on Sept. 2, 9, 16 and 23 last year at the De La Salle University in