When it is hot outside, everyone would be looking for the best way to remain cool in the home. When summer comes people focus on spending the holiday at beaches and drinking cool fresh juices. There are a few easy methods which can help you sit comfortably cool at your home.
- Advanced heating systems like under-floor heating and Hydronic heating are the best methods to heat your home. Through elaborate pipelines that are placed under the floor, the heating system draws water from boilers, and keep your surrounding cool during the winters.
- Hot summer is quite unforgiving and it becomes difficult for people to survive without an air-conditioner. The summer season can increase your electricity bills to keep your home cool. But there are few other options available which are budget friendly and environment friendly.
- Using solar panels is one of the best ways for heating and cooling home. Try some natural way for heating and cooling home.
4 Best Ways to Keep Your Home Cool During Summer
- Use Blind or Insulated Curtain – summer brings lots of heat through sunshine into your home. Keep the sun and heat away with the help of blind, drapes and window curtains. Use light colored window curtains, or else, to stop the sunlight and the external noise, you can also install roller blinds and shutters to enhance the energy-efficiency both during summers and winters.
- Design Energy Efficient House – you must use natural materials such as stone, mud bricks and clay to build your house. Building house using eco -friendly and natural material can help both heating and cooling home during changing seasons.
- Grow Trees around your House – you must grow trees around your house or creepers over a veranda. The leafy plant would shade your house keeping away sunlight entering to your house.
- Turn Off Lights during the day time – you should try to avoid creating excess heat inside your home by turning on lights, during day times. To keep your home cool, turn off necessary lights and avoid using heat producing light bulbs. Compact fluorescent light bulbs and cool pastel wall paints can also keep your home environment comparatively cooler.
4 Best Ways to Keep Your Home Warm During Winter
If you live in a house which is poorly insulated, you would be forced to use a room heater all the time. This could increase energy consumption, forcing you to spend thousands on energy bills. Here are given some best way to keep your home warm during cold winters.
- Close Windows Properly – the windows of your house should remain air tight closed during the night. You may use shower curtains to receive sunlight during the time. Frosted glass, etched glass and roller blinds or Venetian shutters can also be used in your home or office to keep the premises warm. This is one of the best methods for heating and cooling home during day and night time.
- Use Gas Heaters – gas heaters can warm up your home quickly and they are very effective. Before using gas heater, make sure your room is ventilated properly. Using gas heater for warming up a room is safe and good for your health, as they do not pollute the environment.
- Put down Carpets on the Floor – good quality rugs or carpets can be used for both heating and cooling home. They can prevent heat loss through the floor and the surface would remain warm during winter season making comfortable for you to walk.
- Drink Warm Beverages and Dress Warm Clothes – cooking can help you to keep warm during the winter season. So bake cookies, your kitchen will remain warm.
Also, make sure you dress woolen clothes during winter season, while you are at home. When you are sitting, wrap a woolen blanket around you.