A number of boxing drills are there that many people are doing to get their body trained for boxing. These drills can help you get a knockout body. They are perfect cardio workouts that help build your body muscles, lose weight, tone up and gain strength. You can benefit from these drills only if you have selected right drill and following proper steps to perform it. Are you in search of perfect boxing drills for knockout body? Keep reading.
Here are 6 boxing drills that will for sure give you knockout body.
Skipping rope or jump rope is effective for building cardiovascular strength and improving your hand and feet coordination. Skipping helps prepare nearly every muscle of the body. Follow these instructions for proper use of skipping rope and get most out of it.
- Keep your upper body relaxed while jumping.
- Make the rope touch ground just in front of your feet.
- Keep your knees slightly bended while skipping.
- Keep your forearms horizontal to the floor and let your wrists move.
- Keep your elbows close to your sides.
- On tripping, maintain your rhythm back quickly.
Torso twist with medicine ball:-
This core-strengthening exercise helps move your torso through a full range of motion. This drill aims to target your back, abdominal muscles and obliques. Buy A Good Quality Medicine Ball And follow the steps:
- Hold a medicine ball in your hand and stand with your feet apart with width equal to your shoulders’ width.
- Keeping your shoulders down, slightly bend your elbows and rotate torso to right until your arms are in line with your body.
- Rotate back through center to left.
- Repeat the steps for both the sides.
Knees up is another effective drill for getting knockout body. It improves cardiovascular endurance as well as strengthens lower abs. As a boxing workout, it helps develop coordination between hands and feet. Mentioned below are the steps for this workout.
- Stand straight on the floor.
- Slowly bring your knee up to your waist attempting to reach chest. While lifting your knees up, hold your hands up in hands-up position.
- Bring back the knee to starting position.
- Repeat the steps for both the knees.
Jump squats are effective workout for strengthening legs and core. It is an ideal drill for defensive boxing moves. Here are the steps for jump squats.
- Start from standing straight with your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Drop into squat position and immediately push up into a jump. Try to jump with one foot off the ground.
- On returning back to the ground, immediately drop back into squat position.
- Repeat the steps.
Push-ups is another effective exercise that helps build chest muscles and strengthen triceps. Here are the steps that you need to follow for performing push-ups.
- Lie on the floor with your face downward placing palms down exactly beneath the shoulders. Keep your elbows in and arms touching the sides of your body.
- Push your entire body up without bending your back.
- Repeat the steps for required number of repetitions.
This boxing workout helps strengthen abs and back muscles. It keeps your core tight. Listed below are the steps for core strengthener workout.
- Lie face down on medicineball with your stomach positioned exactly above medicine ball.
- Spread your arms and legs wide and then roll your body from side to side keeping your knees and elbows off the ground.
- While doing this workout, keep your abdominals tight.
Before starting working out with a heavy bag shadow boxing is used just as a warm up. Just pinch in the air by imaging you are facing your opponent. For this you can do this also in front a mirror.
All the aforementioned drills are part of boxing workout routine. They can help you strengthen your muscles and get knockout body.