Image credit: homebase.co.uk
When it comes to decorating home for Christmas, wreaths form an essential part of the home decor. No decoration at any winter festival is complete without them. Wreaths have formed an integral part of home décor, since ancient times. Traditional use of wreaths is well known and they are used today also in the same way. However, their face has changed.
Types of Wreath
- Natural wreaths: Natural wreaths are made from the branches, leaves and flowers of the actual trees. They may also have berries and bow on them. They involve less greenery as the herbs have dried up, but they display a vibrant natural color. Also, the fragrance of original flowers can be felt.
- Artificial wreaths: Artificial wreaths are made using artificial flowers and herbs, but they mimic the natural wreath. They may have a lot of greenery and colors. They remain the same forever as the herbs are artificial. However, some people are allergic to artificial herbs. They should avoid them.
- Pre-lit: Some wreaths may have pre-lit features like artificial Christmas trees. They can be lit up using electrical cables or batteries.
- Centerpieces: Not all wreaths are made for hanging. Some wreaths are flat and they can be used as centerpieces on flat surfaces such as tables.
These were the different variants of wreaths. The varieties must be considered before buying wreaths as they determine the overall outlook of the place. The type of wreath to be purchased must be chosen carefully.
Now that you are decided with the type of wreath, the buying guide doesn’t end. A lot of small yet important factors must be considered before buying any guide which is as relevant as choosing the right variant. This includes:
- Purpose: Determine the purpose of your wreath. It means to choose whether you want to use them as a wall hanging or you want to place them over a flat Deciding the purpose in advance saves you both time and money as you will not have to look for everything and also, you won’t end up buying irrelevant stuff.
- Price comparison: If you have a certain design in mind, don’t just end up buying it. Firstly, do research on it. Compare the prices of the product on both online and offline stores. You can even find discounts and offers and a save a lot of money.
- Size: Measure the size of your place carefully where you want to place your wreath. The size of the wreath also depends on the place where you are going to place it. You don’t want to end up buying something too big or too small and then regretting it later on.
- Variants: As mentioned above, wreaths come in various sizes and variants. That’s why you have a wide variety to choose from. Study the product features of each variant well and then decide the style which you want to own.
- Care: wreaths are made of green plants and herbs. Hence, they are very delicate, especially the natural ones. They should be handled and stored with utmost care. You don’t want to get damaged even before the party night.
Now when there has been a lot of information on wreaths and how to buy them, I think you can buy them now. Purchasing beautiful wreaths for holidays is itself a great fun task to do. Making your wreath is also a great idea as it can be customized, as per your preference. However, if you are going to buy one, then this guide can be helpful to make your task easier.