A list of celebrities is teaming up with Guardians of Rescue in order to help raise funds to support that group’s animal rescue work. The celebrities, including Russell Simmons, Lana Fuchs, Steve Lobel, Christian McBride, Victor Ortiz and Coldplay, have all donated prizes that will go to the highest bidder through eBay auctions. The funds raised will all go to support the work that the group does, all year long, to help animals.
“We are thrilled that these celebrities have been so generous in helping us with our cause,” explains Robert Misseri, president of Guardians of Rescue. “We love helping animals, but we couldn’t do it without support. We are very thankful that they are all helping to contribute to our fundraising auction.”
The eBay charity-fundraising auction will be held February 27, 2013 thru March 9, 2013. Guardians of Rescue will auction off a variety of prizes from a star-studded list, including:
· Russell Simmons – The entertainment mogul who is a long-time vegan and yogi has generously donated a yoga session with him personally which will be held in a yoga studio class in NYC. The bid for this auction will start at $800, with the highest bidder donning yoga gear to meet up with Simmons.
· Lana Fuchs – Her pet monkey will be giving away a “Spend the day with my mom” package that includes the winner flying out to Las Vegas and being “Lana-ized” with a complete makeover that includes a once in a lifetime shopping spree, styling session, and a private secrets to success lesson, and more.
· Steve Lobel – The well-known celebrity music manager, who has worked with Run DMC, Eazy E, Bone Thugs ‘N Harmony, Common, and Outlawz, will be giving away a pair of drumsticks that are signed by the original drummer of Guns N’ Roses, Steven Adler.
· Christian McBride – The three-time Grammy-award winning bassist will be giving away a prize that includes spending the day with him at the studio when he records his next album, which will be in September. The recording will take place at either the Manhattan Center Studios or the Jazz at Lincoln Center Studies (both in NYC). He will be recording a piece with his 17-piece big band gospel choir called “The Movement, Revisited,” which is a musical portrait of the civil rights movement.
· Coldplay – The popular band, which has sold over 60 million albums worldwide, will be giving away an autographed photo of the band that has been signed by each member, as well as their new 2012 tour DVD.
· Victor Ortiz – The professional boxer and former WBC Welterweight Champion will be donating an autographed poster, and an autographed full set of VO by FaceLube Classic Edition, from his skin care line, as well as an autographed full size bottle of his cologne, VO by Victor Ortiz.
“We have some amazing prizes that these celebrities have donated,” added Misseri. “We look forward to auctioning these items off so that we can use the funds to support all the work we do in the community to help animals.”
“I am happy to help with this charity auction,” says Russell Simmons. “I know the Guardians of Rescue will do a lot of good things to help the animals with the funds they raise.”
“We all need to help the animals but sometimes we don’t know what to do to make that happen,” added Lana Fuchs. “Taking part in this charity fundraiser is a good step in the right direction. It gives something to the fans, and it helps the animals. It’s a win-win situation.”
The charity auction can be found here:
Guardians of Rescue provides assistance to animals out on the streets, helping to rescue them, provide medical care, food and shelter, and find foster-home placements. Many families are still struggling, such as from Hurricane Sandy, making it difficult for them to care for their pet, either financially or while living in temporary housing. They are also instrumental in helping military members with their pets, and to provide therapy dogs to veterans suffering from post traumatic stress disorder. To learn more, get involved, or to make a donation to support the Guardians of Rescue, log onto www.guardiansofrescue.org.