Many users of routers and modems these days understand overall benefits of customizing different factors in the administrative console of these devices. They have decided to change the IP address of their router. This is because the default IP address and login details of a router may lead to an unauthorized usage of their network. You have to find out the IP address of your router when you have planned to change the IP address of a router. The following details assist you to know how you can identify the IP address of a router and change this IP address.
Find out the IP address of a router
If you are using the Windows operating system and searching for how to identify the IP address of a router, then you have to
- Open the command prompt
- Type in the ipconfig/all
Once you have pressed the Enter button, you will get a list of IP addresses of various resources in your computer network. You have to check the default gateway and look at the local IP address of your router.
Users of routers from Netgear and D-Link nowadays remember that IP address of their router 192.168.0.1. They have to type in each element of this IP address in the address bar of their browser correctly whenever they change the IP address or enhance the administrative settings of the router. If they type in the IP address 192.168.o.1.1 mistakenly, then they cannot access their router’s web based administrative console.
You can listen to user manual from the manufacturer of router and make an informed decision about how to change this default IP address as per your requirements. You may missed this user manual and seek how to identify the IP address of a router almost immediately. You can make contact with the customer support team of the router manufacturer online and get the IP address of your router.
Every user of a router nowadays seeks how to make use of all features of their router. This is because they try to improve every aspect of their computer network without compromising their privacy and expectations on the efficiency.
Change the IP address correctly
Log-in to the router’s administrative console online by typing the IP address of a router in the address bar of your browser. Once you have done it, router’s login window will appear. You have to enter the username and password. If you enter the correct username and password, then you can login to the router’s settings page directly. You will get the complete support when you have accessed the administrative console of your router.
- The IP address location option in the router’s settings may vary as per the default settings of the router.
- You have to open the basic setup tab when you have accessed the router’s admin console. Users of cable router from the Motorola brand can access this option by Basic > Setup located under Network configuration.
- Change the last digit or last two digits of your IP address. If you have decided to make this change in the LAN IP address field, then you can choose the integer value between 1 and 254.
- You will be surprised with 64156 possible combinations of IP addresses. You can make an informed decision about the new IP address of your router and remember the login details when you use this new IP address thereafter.
- You have to click the Apply button and let the router to reboot. Now, you can check whether IP address change takes effect or not by accessing the router’s settings page with the new IP address.
Get remarkable benefits
As compared to using the default IP address of a router or any other resource, you have to change the IP address of a router or other resources in your computer soon after you have begun using them. This is because anyone can login to your router’s settings by using the default IP address and login details. If this unfavourable thing has happened, then there is no guarantee for your privacy as long as you surf the web.
An easy way to change the IP address of a router of any brand by using the above-mentioned details help you to enhance the overall security of your computer network. You will get the complete support to make use of networking resources as efficient as possible. You may have some doubts about any aspect of your router at this time. You have to make clear these doubts without delay.
If you have clarified your doubts by consulting with experts in the networking line of work and improved your knowledge about how to enhance the overall settings of your router, then you can get the desired support to keep your computer network out of the ordinary.