IELTS, the International English Language Testing System is the world’s most popular and trusted test for evaluating the proficiency in the English language of a candidate. Schools, universities, organizations worldwide bestow trust in the pattern of the ‘Testing System’ of the IELTS. Even the governments of some major English speaking countries rely on the IELTS test for issuing VISA. So choosing the IELTS for getting selected or accepted by academic or working bodies is almost mandatory. There are significant reasons for that are
- Firstly the ‘Complete Testing System’ of the IELTS is free from any sort of religious, cultural bias, racial bias. Thus, any student or candidate from any country can apply for this test.
- The IELTS test assesses a candidate impeccably on his total proficiency in the English language.
- Through the ‘IELTS Listening Test,’ the authority judges how good a candidate understands the destined English speaking country’s native speaker’s conversations.
- Through the ‘IELTS Reading Test,’ the authority judges how good a candidate is in grasping the written form of the English language of the country he is heading for.
- The ‘IELTS English Speaking Test’ is for judging a candidate’s fluency in flawless ‘Spoken English’ with the right accent.
- The ‘IELTS Written English Test’ is designed in a manner to assess a candidate’s excellence in writing English with the use of a wide range of vocabulary and the ability to use complex sentence structures with maintaining the clarity of the context intact.
- When an ambitious student opts for higher studies in any English speaking country, the first hurdle he would have to face would be the language problem. As the IELTS takes the test for all forms of the English language, i.e. Listening, Reading, Speaking, and Written, a student certified by the IELTS won’t have to face the language problem. During the preparation for appearing in the IELT test a student/candidate gets accomplished enough to communicate in formal English language, be it spoken or be it written.
- As the IELTS has set a stringent parameter for candidates to qualify through the total test, only the diligent, sincere and eligible candidates break through to get a good band Score of at least 7+.
- The IELTS authority conducts two types of tests: 1) IELTS Academic test for students opting for studying at undergraduate or postgraduate level in an English-speaking 2) The IELTS general Training test for mainly working professionals or Trainees desiring to go to a foreign English speaking country. Thus, it has become possible for all eligible candidates, including students, professionals, and trainees to venture out to the English speaking countries for fulfilling their dreams of making a great career.
- The IELTS certificate is accepted worldwide in as many as 140 major countries by 9000 institutions/organizations/ companies. Naturally, more aspiring candidates get a broader horizon to flourish in life by qualifying through the IELTS.
- The government of several countries, like Australia, Canada, New Zealand and the UK takes into consideration the IELTS for the immigration process. The UK Government approves the VISA and Immigration only after checking the IELTS certification.
- Since the inception, the IELTS has bestowed a great trust in the mind of the absorbing bodies, hence a candidate certified by IELTS with a good Band Score gets easy acceptance by the absorbing bodies.
The IELTS Test has four parts in total, for both the ‘Academic’ and ‘general Training’ formats, they are:
Part 1: Listening Test 30 minutes and an additional 10 minutes transfer time to transfer the answer in the answer sheet
Part2: Reading Test 60 minutes
Part3: Writing Test 60 minutes
Part 4: Speaking Test 11–14 minutes
The total time is 2 hours and 44 minutes to complete the test. The Listening Test, Reading Test, and Writing test are to be completed in one sitting on the same day without any break. However, the candidate can appear for the ‘The Speaking Test’ on the same day or up to seven days before or after the main test day. The formats of the Listening and Speaking tests are same for the Academic and General Training test. However, the Reading and Writing tests differ from each other for the two formats. There are a few similar kinds of tests, but IELTS is the most reputed and trusted testing system prevailing worldwide.
So in simple words, choosing the IELTS test while venturing out to any foreign English speaking country is a wise and indispensable step as the pattern of the tests are designed in a manner so as to:
- Make one’s life smooth in a foreign English speaking country for all stages of his life abroad.
2. Make one’s future much prosperous, provided he has secured a good Band Score like 7 or higher.
- Sharpen all forms of skills over the English language through the preparing process for the IELTS test.
4. Accurately tag a deserving candidate with appropriate Band Score.
5. Make a candidate familiar with both ‘British English’ and ‘American English’. Thus making him eligible for any sort of communication.
6. Make a candidate feel motivated and be confident in work or study as applicable.
Through a well-structured and neatly planned testing system the IELTS sets the tune of a candidate on how he would interact or communicate with others in his field of study or work in a foreign English speaking country. The testing system actually assesses and certifies one with appropriate Band Score, judging on his
- Ability to understand the English language used by the people of the country he is heading to.
- Expertise to understand and grasp the contextual idea of a written text.
- Proficiency in spoken English, i.e. communicating with the native English speakers in his life abroad.
- Efficiency in writing formal and rich English, while responding, arguing or reporting some problem or situation.
Hence the IELTS Test gives the absorbing bodies the assurance that they are recruiting or providing entry to a genuinely eligible student or professional. If a student wants to study abroad at the undergraduate or postgraduate level the institution or organization would check his IELTS Band Score as a parameter for acceptability. The higher the Band Score the better the future. Moreover, almost all the major English-speaking countries like Australia, Canada, New Zealand, USA , UK and some others set different Band Scores which is must have for a candidate for getting clearance from the immigration authorities. Having a low Band Score less than 6 is regarded as bad as a failure, though there is no pass-fail system for the IELTS. Thus ambitious students or working professionals who are eager to go to an English speaking country choose the IELTS as it opens the door to succeed and sign in life.