If this is your first Coachella, fear not because you still have a month to prepare that perfect outfit. Remember that Beyonce is already confirmed for the biggest festival of the year. It’s time to stop being boring with your outfit ideas and to think outside the box!
Here are 10 essential Coachella fashion tips for the beginner festie –
- Stick With Small Brands: Don’t forget the most important tip from Coachella veterans. Sticking to small brands that know their boho trends! Arnhem clothing, One Tribe Apparel, Spell & The Gypsy Collective, and many more are in the business of keeping you Coachella ready. So don’t forget to check them out for hippie pants and boho clothing.
- It’s All In The Details: Small things become big sellers when it comes to Coachella. So, let your creativity run wild by doing these little things right this year! Show your unique style in the details on your fringe handbag and the stones on your ear stud.
- Accessorize In Style: Forget the boring accessories this Coachella. Etsy sellers go all out as Coachella approaches and introduce beautiful new accessories. From boho hats to gemstone rings, you can’t go wrong with Etsy. Plus, you can also enjoy the special Coachella discounts offered by sellers!
- Avoid Long Skirts: Be very careful about the length of your skirt (and bell bottoms, if you’re wearing those). Some things look good in the mirror but become a mess when dragged through the dirt all day.
- Chokers Replace Flower Crowns: Forget flower crowns, chokers are the new black of the festive season. Add an edge to your look this Coachella by wearing a choker. You can soften the “grunge-appeal” associated with them by your outfit and makeup.
- Invest In A Great Jacket: A simple crop top – denim combo transforms into the outfit of a festival goddess when paired with the right jacket. You can save money on the rest of your outfit. Give yourself permission to splurge in this one area. A good jacket with be a long term investment as well.
- Wear Sensible Shoes: If you have a pair of converse sneakers that have stood by you through years, wear them to Coachella. Your feet will thank you once the event is over. Other sensible shoe options are ballet flats and pom pom sandals.
- Shorts Are Versatile: Before you deem shorts cliched for Coachella, check out boho embroidered denim shorts. These have been making waves with the hippie crowd last season. Pair them with a jacket, crop top, and sneakers to complete your look.
- Updos Are In Style and Out Of Face: Braids are a great way to add hair accessories. They also ensure that you are not fiddling with your hair while you dance to awesome music. If you’re someone used to wearing your hair down, then braids can be a great way to try out new looks.
- Be Unique But Comfortable – Finally, your outfit is great when it is not only unique and stylish but also comfy. If you look like you’re uncomfortable with what you’re wearing, you won’t be able to enjoy Coachella the way you should. So, ditch those uncomfortable clothes and pick something that feels like second skin to you. Use DIY to zhuzh up your basics.