To ensure delivery to your inbox, please add us to your address book.
Click here to view as a web page.
MBB GAME DAY: HAWKS AT CANISIUS (JAN. 2, 7:00 PM)
Courtesy Monmouth Sports Information
Wed, December 31, 2014
• Radio (Shore Sports Network):
In-Game Twitter Updates – @MonmouthBBall
Monmouth-Canisius Series History:
Blue & White Bits:
• Monmouth was selected sixth in this year’s Preseason MAAC Coaches Poll, while junior guard Deon Jones was named to the Preseason All-MAAC Third Team.
• Senior guard Andrew Nicholas became the 20th player in Monmouth’s Divsion I history to score 1,000 career points behind his 24-point performance against Towson (11/23), in which he tied a career-high with six made three-pointers.
• Last season, the Hawks came back from double-digit deficits in six of their wins on the year.
• The guard duo of Jones and Andrew Nicholas combined for 939 points last season, which tied for the sixth-highest combined single-season point total in program history.
• In 2014-15, Monmouth returns 88.9% of its scoring (1964/2208) from a season ago, and 82.0% of its minutes played.
• The Hawks return their top six scorers from last year’s 11-21 team.
• Monmouth’s returning sophomores combined for 77 starts, 833 points (26.0 ppg), 223 assists (6.9 apg) and 402 rebounds (12.6 rpg) as rookies in the Blue & White.
• Through its first seven games, including three at high-majors (West Virginia, Maryland, SMU), Monmouth allowed just 59.6 points per game to the opposition, including three at 50 points exactly. Last season, opponents scored at a 73.1 ppg clip against the Hawks.
• On Monday, December 8, Justin Robinson was named the MAAC Player of the Week, Monmouth’s first MAAC Player of the Week recipient in its program/conference history. Last season, Josh James was named the MAAC Rookie of the Week twice.