Indoor advertising media can be categorized as:
1. Brood Cost Media: Advertisers use two types of broad cast media to reach target customers.
Television: Television is the latest medium of mass communication. It can create audio-visual impression. It makes appeal through the eyes and the ears. Television is becoming popular in India since the inception of cable T.V.
- It is highly visible mass medium.
- It provides great flexibility for use of creativity.
- It has a short lead time to place the advertisement.
- It appeals to the senses as it has visual and audio capabilities. It uses sight, sound motion to transit a message and captures
- high attention. It provides instant exposure of pictures and ideas.
- It reaches mass audience.
- It has high cost which makes it sometimes prohibitive.
- It has little audience selectivity, and cannot reach some specific target audience.
- It requires the services of promotion specialists.
- It has short fleeting exposure.
Radio: Radio has an important position among the media of advertising. Commercial broadcasting has become a very popular form of promotion in many countries. Radio advertisement is given in the form of ‘spot advertisement’ or ‘sponsored programs.’ In spot advertisement, advertisement of a short period is given in the form of conversion, opinion of some people, or songs etc. Sponsored duration programs of 10 or 15 minutes or of a longer duration may be prepared by the advertisers. Such advertisements may be presented in the form of short dramas, stories. Vividh Bharti is famous for such type of commercial advertisements,
2. Press Media: Press medium is a print medium which comprises of newspapers and magazines.
Newspapers: Newspapers have secured the most important position among media of advertising. Effectiveness of newspaper advertising depends on the selection of a proper newspaper, its circulation, time of the issue, selection of appropriate space etc.
- It gives good local market coverage.
- It conveys broad information on products and companies and has broad acceptance.
- It has high believability which can benefit the advertiser.
- It reaches large audience.
- It takes short time to place the advertisement.
- It has a non-selective audience and the advertisement may not be relevant to a large number of readers.
- Its cost is relatively high.
- It has a short life.
- It does not last long and has a small part along audience.
- It has a limited appeal to young. It has poor reproduction quality.
Magazines and Journals: Magazines and journals are better media for advertisements which use high quality printing and color. Magazines are generally read during leisure time while newspapers are read in a hurry. There are different types of magazines like general magazines (Reader’s digest), India Today, Front line, weak etc. & special magazines (The Chartered Accountant, Business India, Business World, Business Manpower, Women’s era etc.). By selecting the right type of magazine, the utility of advertisement can be increased considerably. For instance, sports magazine is better for giving advertisements about sports goods while Femina can be better medium for giving advertisements about items used by women.
- The quality of production is high. Some magazines add a touch of class.
- They have a high credibility and prestige which can benefit the advertiser.
- The advertisements last longer and have a good readership.
- Its reach is high for demographic and geographic segments.
- It offers concentrated coverage. The cost varies from magazine to magazine, from Journal to Journal.
- It has a long lead time to place and purchase the advertisement. The advertisements need to be booked in advance.
- There is circulation wastage and this medium has limited flexibility in capturing attention.
Know more about indoor advertising media only at the University Canada West, one of the best universities in Canada, offering various business and management related programs.
Content Shared By: http://www.campustour.ca/university-canada-west.html