In the US alone it is estimated that slightly above 37 million Americans are disabled. And that just about 50% of these Americans who are disabled are in their working years. With such a finding you could easily figure out what the actual picture is.
That’s not all, further research findings shows that there is a chance that 3 out of 10 people who are disabled might suffer from injuries that could keep them out of work for about three months or more.
At this point, such employees would have lost confidence in paying up accrued bills, supporting their dependents, or keeping up with the absolute care that they had been providing for themselves.
Well that’s how tough it gets and with latest figures showing that disability injuries occur in just about one second, fatal injuries are estimated to occur in every four minutes. It’s because of this that having an absolute protection is really important.
Disability insurance is the way to go. And while you could argue that only 9% long term disabilities actually result from serious accidents, the truth is any slight injury can be a great inconvenience especially if it keeps you out of work for a really long time.
In America today it has been found that four main diseases are major causes of disability. They include the following.
- Heart disease
So what is really good in taking disability insurance? The benefits are many. However the most vital ones include the following.
- Close to 90% accidents are never work related. In short worker’s compensation will not have you covered for anything that happens out of work. Save yourself the pain and get a disability cover of your own.
- Again nearly 50% of untimely closures on mortgages are as a result of disability and any disability causing illnesses. If you don’t want your house repossessed, have a disability insurance to settle your remaining bills.
- Many Americans have life insurance cover. This is a great preparation for any untimely demise. But how many people are prepared for any untimely disability? The risk is actually high, and so is the unpreparedness. Having disability insurance is important.
- It is estimated that the chances of becoming disabled in your lifetime is higher (at least three to five times). You never know when it will happen. Don’t be caught unawares, prepare a financial independence that will also save your loved ones.
- Because most disability insurance covers will protect you for up to 70%, they are the best options for any financial predicament that might occur due to disability.
In life, there are many ways that disability could occur. Because of this the risks or being disabled are actually very high. The great thing is there are few ways to protect yourself in case of such eventuality and these options are highly practical. Use disability insurance plans that will save your money, secure your wealth and grant you financial independence even in disability.