Diabetes is one of the most common disorders in which either the pancreas produces insufficient amounts of the hormone insulin or the body cells become resident to the hormone’s effects. Managing diabetes is not very tough if you are quite sincere to your health. Plan your routine and diet and you will wonder how easy it is to tackle diabetes.
1. Eat green vegetables, coriander, cucumber, cabbage, coconut, chenopodium album (bathu), creeper of pumpkin, cucumber, cabbage, bitter guard, carrot, tomato, lemon, radish, onion and ginger.
2. Eat fibre rich food like apple, figs, guava, lemon and orange. Grains rich in fibres are barley, oatmeal, maize, wheat flour, jowar, bajra, whole wheat, rice flakes, refined wheat flour (without husk) and puffed rice. Other sources of fibre are coriander seeds, cumin seeds, dry pepper and turmeric.
3. Soak 90-100 seeds in 250 gms of water in the evening. Mash them in morning, sieve in a cloth and drink mixture regularly. Take daily for two months to cure diabetes.
4. Take juice of bilva and parijataka leaves in equal parts for natural remedy of diabetes. Take two teaspoons of it twice a day.
5. Eat grapefruits regularly for diabetes natural remedy.
6. Boil 3-4 fresh leaves of mango tree in the morning and drink. It is also very effecting in curing diabetes.
7. Take soyabean in your diet. It does not contain sugar and is a good source of energy for diabetes.
8. Do regular exercises to reduce the chances of developing coronary artery disease and also improves control over diabetes.
9. Avoid exertion and always try to stay free from tension.
10. Avoid sweets, chocolates, rice, banana, grapes, mangoes, dry fruits, oils, cakes and pastries.
11. Drink half-cup karela (bitter gourd) juice daily. It is an effective natural home remedy for diabetes.
12. Avoid drinking alcohol (including beer, gin, wines and whisky).
13. Lower your fat intake for obese diabetic patients. Do regular morning walk and exercises to reduce weight.
14. Avoid infections, burns and injuries as they develop ketosis in such stressful conditions.
Disclaimer: This article is not meant to provide health advice and is for general information only. Always seek the insights of a qualified health professional before embarking on any health program.
Copyright © Nick Mutt, All Rights Reserved. If you want to use this article on your website or in your ezine, make all the urls (links) active.