Equinox is celebrating Earth Day on Tuesday, April 20, 2010 with a special event from 5:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. Guests and members are invited to partake in complimentary workouts while obtaining tips on how to live green.
Equinox is taking an extra step in initiating conservation by planting a tree for every new member who joins that day. Guests can indulge in complimentary organic cocktails, tea and snacks courtesy of Honest Tea and Veev Organic Vodka. Additionally, participants are treated to 10% off of Equinox Orange Label organic products available at The Shop at Equinox.
Equinox has taken a company-wide stance to enhance its members’ experiences and to help protect and preserve the environment. The corporation plans to build new clubs incorporating numerous eco-friendly features and to retro-fit existing clubs with as many as possible. These include, but are not limited to:
• “Green” cleaning solutions that are environmentally benign and virtually fume-free. Many of Equinox’s existing gyms have already been cleaning with them
• Select building materials, such as adhesives, sealants, and paint will have minimal or zero VOC content
• State of the art air filtration systems that will extra-thoroughly “clean” outdoor air before pulling it inside
• No-brainer recycling opportunities by providing numerous and conveniently placed storage and collection
areas for recyclable items
• More efficient H20 flow with locker rooms being outfitted with special showerheads that are designed to
create the experience of a 3 to 4 gallon per minute shower but actually only use 1.6 gallons per minute
• Power savers include special dimming technologies will lower electric lighting levels when there is a lot of
natural day light and raise them when there isn’t
• All clubs lighting (except for emergency and night lighting) will be time-clock controlled to turn it off when
the club is closed.
Tuesday, April 20, 2010 from 5:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
All Equinox fitness clubs, nationwide. Find a club near you: http://www.equinox.com/Clubs/
Equinox Fitness Clubs operates 50 upscale, full-service facilities in New York, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Miami, Boston, Dallas, and D.C. The company offers an integrated selection of Equinox-branded programs, services and products, including strength and cardio training, group fitness classes, personal training, spa services and products, apparel and food/juice bars. Since its inception in 1991, Equinox has developed a lifestyle brand that represents service, value, quality, expertise, innovation, attention to detail, market leadership and results.
Official website: http://www.equinox.com
Equinox on Twitter: http://twitter.com/equinox
Equinox on Facebook: http://facebook.com/equinox