What are freckles?
Freckles are pigmented cells on skin mostly found in fair skinned people. These are small individual tan spots which contain more melanin than any other skin cells. Usually they occur due to genetics another reason might be sun exposure. These skin issues occur in children before puberty.
Fair skin people have less melanin pigments in their skin cells. Exposure to sun can enhance the appearance of freckles as the body produces excess melanin. Melanin acts as protection to sun rays and causes darkening of freckles.
Most common location of freckle is on the nose and cheeks. Some people might have this on the arms, shoulders and other areas which are frequently exposed to sunlight. In some cases they are sporadic individual spots while some might be grouped together to cover larger portion of skin.
Dermatologist terms this as ephelides and people approach them for reduction or removal of these spots. When the change of the freckles occurs you should be more careful and confirm with your doctor as risk to get skin cancer is higher.
What causes freckles?
Freckles are not harmful; they are not a sign of health problem. These small tan spots are caused due to sun rays penetrating the skin. The UV rays have potential to encourage excessive production of melanin in the skin. The presence of melanin makes your skin to look darker. These skin issues do not affect people with darker skin as they have reduced amount of melanin.
Melanin is chemical present in certain skin cells that protect the skin from radiations of sun. It protects the skin from damage caused by reflection and absorption of ultraviolet rays. Some melanocytes make more melanin when they are exposed to sunlight. This causes the skin to have freckles instead of even suntan.
The freckles are faded away in the winter and return in the summer. They also tend to fade as people ages. You should wear the sunscreen and follow up using the sun safety rules to prevent the small tan spots on skin. Let us check out ten simple skin care tips to erase freckles of skin.
Top 10 tips to remove freckles:
- Rub fresh ginger roots on the affected regions of skin twice or thrice a day. Gently wipe off the freckles within 10-15 days. Apply a mixture prepared from cucumber juice, ginger juice and aloe vera gel to get rid of freckles.
- Mix two tablespoon of butter milk, gram flour, and a teaspoon of turmeric powder. Prepare a paste by beating them, apply it on face and leave it for 20 minutes. Rinse off with water; apply milk using the cotton balls. Keep this for five minutes then wash out off. Performing this procedure two-three times a week help to remove the freckles.
- Mix two to three spoons of sea salt with half a cup of milk. Apply this with cotton balls on the affected areas. Do this process three to four days a month to erase the dark spots.
- Apply lemon juice after mixing it with equal quantity of radish juice. Use your finger tips for application. Keep this for ten minutes daily and get to notice significant results.
- Mix two three tablespoon of gram flour, add apple cider vinegar and prepare a thick paste. Apply this to the areas where you see freckles and let it dry for ten minutes.
- Blend three to four pieces of papayas with two slices of onions. Apply the paste to lighten the freckles.
- Mix some mint leaves with parsley leaves in half cup yoghurt. Apply this mixture on skin to lighten the freckles without causing any sensitiveness.
- Soak almonds on fresh milk and keep it overnight. The next morning, prepare a paste in the bowl and apply this on freckles for 15 days. This helps to wipe out the freckles on the nose and cheeks.
- Castor oil is known to treat the skin pigmentation. Apply this at night and in the morning use a tissue to wipe it out. Continue using this home remedy until all the blemishes reduces completely.
- Mix water and honey slightly. Apply this on the affected areas and sit for few minutes. Rinse off with lukewarm water. This is easy to use home remedy using the herbal properties of honey for erasing the freckles of skin.
Can we use skin brightening products?
Skin brighteners that contain natural ingredients work to lighten the dark spots. They erase the freckles and give you smooth, clear skin. You can use these products as they are also effective to erase the freckles and other skin pigments of skin.
These creams are cost effective so they can be used as alternative to the home remedies. They are easy to use and you do not need to worry preparing the paste, masks at home. Using these creams will give you clearer skin within few weeks when compared to the home remedies that take longer duration to provide you results.
After going through various tips to erase the freckles present on skin, we conclude all of them are safe way. The skin brighteners are best product due to ease of use and presence of natural ingredients. Read the Skin Brightener reviews and dig more information regarding the product and its application. This will also help you to find the best skin brightening creams.