According to the World Health Organization, in high-income countries two-thirds of people live beyond the age of seventy and predominately die of chronic diseases, such as cardiovascular disease, chronic obstructive lung disease, cancers, diabetes or dementia. If caught early on, some of these health issues are treatable and preventable.
“70 percent of the neurological system is linked to the eye,” affirms Dr. Kondrot, founder of Healing the Eye & Wellness Center and the world’s leading ophthalmologist. “The correspondence between your eyes and your health is extremely insightful. When part of your body is failing or not working properly, oftentimes your eyes reflect that.”
The National Eye Institute states that approximately 4,195,000 people in the United States suffer from some form of vision impairment and 7,685,000 have diabetic retinopathy. Here are five health issues that produce symptoms in the eye:
- High Blood Pressure: hypertension can cause damage to the blood vessels in the retina, known as hypertensive retinopathy. The damage can be serious if left untreated.
- Liver disease: one of the symptoms of liver disease is jaundice, the discoloring of the skin and whites of the eyes due to the high levels of bile the blood stream.
- Stroke: the damage the stroke does in the brain impacts the visual pathways of the eye, which can result in blurry vision, double vision, moving images, loss of visual field, and sensitivity to light.
- Nutritional deficiency: a lack of vitamin A can lead to night blindness.
- Alzheimer’s Disease: some individuals suffering from Alzheimer’s also experience a decline in vision such as motion blindness, contrast sensitivity, or a lack of depth or color perception.
“Your eyes are a complex organ and any diseases that one sees in your eye is most likely occurring somewhere else in your body,” adds Dr. Kondrot, “It is essential to maintain periodic visits to your eye doctor and live a healthy lifestyle to prevent and treat these health issues before it’s too late.”
Dr. Kondrot is the author of three best-selling books, including “10 Essentials to Save Your Sight” (Advantage Media Group, July 2012), and president of the Arizona Homeopathic and Integrative Medical Association. He has founded the Healing The Eye & Wellness Center, located just north of Tampa, Fla., which offers alternative and homeopathic routes to vision therapies known as the “Kondrot Program.” The program focuses on such conditions as macular degeneration, glaucoma, dry eye, cataracts, and others. His advanced programs have helped people from around the world restore their vision. The center sits on 50 acres of land and features a 14,000-square-foot state-of-the art complex, an organic ranch, jogging trails, swimming pool, hot tub, and more. For more information, visit the site at www.healingtheeye.com.